British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest barfield1

german 1994 note - Allied Occupation?

Guest barfield1

:( Hello, i have a 1 mark german banknote that i think is an occupation army issue.

It reads ALLITERTE MILITARBEHORDE IN UMLAUF GESETZT IN DEUTSCHLAND SERIE 1944 EINE MARK and has a serial number 057701411 It is printed in blue with black border on the wriiten side and the print is offset to the upper left of the paper. The rear is printed in brown.

Can anyone help me identify who issued this note, why, and how much it is valued at?

I am not a coin or paper money collector so know very little about this.

Thanks

Martin

I'm afraid I don't have any books on German paper money. It does sound like it's a military note though. I would imagine the value depends on condition, like with coins as it is relatively modern.

Chris

www.predecimal.com