British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Thanks Bob :) I will also post individually as the pic sizes do not seem to work otherwise, been a labour of love!

1902_cr_pf_01_03_1600.jpg (1594×800)

1902_hc_pf_02_06_1600.jpg (1600×800)

• Like 2

@Paulus, really wonderful pics of some really wonderful coins.  That crown especially is drool worthy!  Stunning!  :wub:

Paulus, you should consider offering a photo service. You could make a pretty penny, excuse the pun.

Super pictures - what is your final configuration of camera, lights etc ?

Thanks all for your kind comments on my pics - I have spent countless hours, and doubtless many more to come! My current (if not yet final) configuration has has some very minor tweaks, which seem to make one neck of a difference! I will post details shortly.

This Maundy set accompanies (and matches) the crown - sixpence proof set set I bought and posted about - they are a bugger to get good pics of

1902_1d-4d_maundy_02_01_2000.jpg (2000×1000)

Yes, I'm obsessed, I know! New camera from Coinery, and I think my best yet pics of the difficult-to-capture 1902 matt proof crown 1902_cr_pf_01_04_2400.jpg (2400×1200)

• Like 3

Paulus, your photos are great. 

It just emphasises the importance of having the right lens and lighting. I can take okay photos with a good camera, a normal lens and flash. But your photos show that so much more can be done with a good macro lens and the right lights.

Thanks Jaggy, it means a hell of a lot that others on here rate my efforts!

I have some way to go to get to BRG standards but steadily getting there I think!

The 1902 matt proof half crown, really pleased with the Rev of this one:

1902_hc_pf_02_07_2400.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Thanks Jaggy, it means a hell of a lot that others on here rate my efforts!

I have some way to go to get to BRG standards but steadily getting there I think!

The 1902 matt proof half crown, really pleased with the Rev of this one:

1902_hc_pf_02_07_2400.jpg

That's a beauty Paulus!

Wonderful coins....just bought 2 beach rods and reels off Ebay (that makes 6) me and my dawg will be ripping off North Norfolk beaches next month.Coin time,fishing time and I might fall off the wagon:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

Wonderful coins....just bought 2 beach rods and reels off Ebay (that makes 6) me and my dawg will be ripping off North Norfolk beaches next month.Coin time,fishing time and I might fall off the wagon:rolleyes:

Dont do that Peter........i have done five week tomorrow without a mouthfull :o

2 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Dont do that Peter........i have done five week tomorrow without a mouthfull :o

I've done 8 and half months and my mouth is like a budgies sandpaper.A good mate owns a pub up there and it is my duty to put him to the sword on the pool table.