British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

I will pay YOU

I'd go £100-110 for it without regrets

Yes its nice Matt,the obverse is what makes it .

Most such as one i had 32579 (compare the two) are weaker mine was graded 75 and i swapped it twelve months ago thinking it would be easy to find a better one.

Crazy really you can get most pennies in good grades quite easily ,yet a cheap one like this is a lot harder.

Yeah it's strange that the price hasn't caught up with the relative difficulty of getting this year in a nice grade. Not a bad thing, at least not while I'm looking haha

Edited by Nordle11

post-509-0-09685700-1445098866_thumb.jpgpost-509-0-55579300-1445098886_thumb.jpgHere is the best of the 3 1934 pennies I have. Pretty nice, but not in the same ballpark as the one for sale on ebay!

Yeah still nice, I prefer them without the hypo too and yours has a little bit of lustre :)

• Like 1

Some pics.

And while they removed it from their items for sale I'm pretty sure they're looking to slab it and then sell it so they might come to some sort of arrangement with you?

Matt

dolly

Cor what a coin!!!

Had that in my watch list Gary was coincidence i bought the one off Neil a day or so before or would of probably cost you a bit more .

Had that in my watch list Gary was coincidence i bought the one off Neil a day or so before or would of probably cost you a bit more .

Thank God :) Show us your beauty sometime. Also may I suggest you do what Rash and Steve have done. It would be nice to see another site showcasing some real bronze beauties.

Getting there Gary as had another hundred or so photographed yesterday.

The pictures look really good but still trying to fill gaps with varieties on the coppers 1825-59.

Pete.

• Like 1

Dropped to £600 haha.

1934 Penny

I tell you what though, it's a bloody good example haha.

Another twelve month and he might sell it at £450 now :rolleyes:

Dropped to £600 haha.

1934 Penny

I tell you what though, it's a bloody good example haha.

Another twelve month and he might sell it at £450 now :rolleyes:

:lol:

I manage to upgrade mine the other day for only £40. I was worried about cleaning and he assured me that it's just the pictures, but that anyway problems I can return hassle free which is always nice.

It's still on the way though.

post-8244-0-95217300-1450431114_thumb.jp

post-8244-0-84914000-1450431115_thumb.jp

Thanks Pete, I'm a stickler for the non-mint toned versions of this year and '44-'46. TBH any condition would be an upgrade from my current one, the toning lacks any eye appeal..

I quite like the mint toned pieces with their nice, consistent mid-chocolate tone. I even allowed myself an example. :)

I am always looking for these,they are scarcer than the books say in decent grade.

Anyway bought another this morning for £50 CGS slabbed 78 UNC.

Its UIN 12343.

Wish someone could find a roll full of nice ones as would buy them all.

Pete.

Agreed, much scarcer. I have a spare which was dirt cheap and a BIN, I had to buy it just for the price.

1934.png

Thats not so bad Matt ,its the hair detail on the obverse that lets them down.

Yours is ok.

Some of the nicer ones for some reason are almost black.

Search through auctions/collections and to get a mint one is really hard.

Why it was dirt cheap you can post it me if you want :o

Pete.

Why you have not said anything i will assume your on your way posting it me ;)

:ph34r:

• Like 2

Six years it has taken me ,i have looked at a lot and bought a few in that time.

Finally even though i have stopped collecting i have bought a mint one ( due to knowing how hard they are to find ) of which the photos in plastic do not do the coin justice.

1934m2.jpg

• Like 8