British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

I will pay YOU

I would be happy to pay a finders fee to any forum member if they can find me a MINT 1934 penny.

Been looking and asking and happy to pay if anyone can help.

We can only try .

Pete.

Don't buy it, I bought that and returned because it was cleaned..

When I get to a laptop I'll send you a link to a seller on eBay, they recently unlisted one so they could slab it and it is easily one of the best strikes I've seen. Maybe have a chat with them and see what their plans are.

Seller is andyandkim1406 if you can find them in the meantime. The coins isn't listed at the moment however.

Pete, been looking for you since you first mentioned it.

Some pics.

And while they removed it from their items for sale I'm pretty sure they're looking to slab it and then sell it so they might come to some sort of arrangement with you?

Matt

post-8244-0-81922600-1437294700_thumb.jp

post-8244-0-62373000-1437294713_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Some pics.

And while they removed it from their items for sale I'm pretty sure they're looking to slab it and then sell it so they might come to some sort of arrangement with you?

Matt

I had a really bad experience with the sellers of that coin...about the coin, and their "private listing" type bidding. It got really ugly fast! I have tried to find a close up picture of the lower half of the reverse of that coin they sent me, but I must have deleted it, as I cannot find it. In the close up picture the coin was a different color than the auction picture, and did not have the sheen shown in the sale picture. Just a FYI.... Still a nice strike.

+1

Thanks Bob, when they took it down I did ask about it and they said that they "..had received significant interest in it and decided to take it down to be slabbed first" which is pretty annoying, just fishing for a little extra money. No harm in slabbing it, just list it on eBay after you've done that. :angry:

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies.

Hard one to find ,i have purchased a few over the last three years .

A couple i returned and the couple i have am not really happy with ,maybe i am fussy but can only keep looking.

Cheers again.

Pete.

Pete,

Here's another nice one I've just spotted, I don't think they've had this up long because I've not seen it on there before..

Thanks nordle but its the 1934 i want.

I have a 1904 cgs 33395

Pete.

Twat. It's me that's looking for the 1904.

I'll get me coat.

• Like 1

Maybe?

Seems not to have been fully exposed to the hypo either. Or whatever they used.

Hard to tell really from the pictures think i can find a better one nordle but thank you anyway.

I have a mate looking at one for me in the morning who i trust and hopefully that one will be ok.

PM in your inbox

Thanks to colin cooke coins i have just bought one.

A big thank you to members of the forum for making me aware of others (PM) available over the last few weeks.

Pete.

When I get to a laptop I'll send you a link to a seller on eBay, they recently unlisted one so they could slab it and it is easily one of the best strikes I've seen. Maybe have a chat with them and see what their plans are.

Its now on ebay matt........£800 :o

Dont no were they have got that price from ,maybe reading about them being scarce on here.

Doesnt matter how scarce in good grade they are that price is ridiculous.

What the crud?! I had an idea they wanted to up the price but some people.. I need to find a link again it was an old watching item so not sure if it's still on my list.

Thanks to colin cooke coins i have just bought one.

A big thank you to members of the forum for making me aware of others (PM) available over the last few weeks.

Pete.

Good old Mr Paisley at Colincooke :)

Its now on ebay matt........£800 :o

Dont no were they have got that price from ,maybe reading about them being scarce on here.

Doesnt matter how scarce in good grade they are that price is ridiculous.

I sent him a message asking where he pulled that number from :S

Wouldnt bother Matt he can put it up for millions if he wants.

Its a nice coin and graded 80 with a cgs value of £75.

"CGS has told me it is I/9 finest known ok might have been a bit overboard with the price but you never know do you can't blame me for trying can you I have seen these go for over £400.00 over the years there was one up for sale on Ebay last month for £800.00 and it was nowhere near as good as both of the ones I have for sale if you are willing to pay £400.00 then it's yours"

I declined, needless to say.

Dropped to £600 haha.

1934 Penny

I tell you what though, it's a bloody good example haha.

Dropped to £600 haha.

1934 Penny

I tell you what though, it's a bloody good example haha.

The CGS valuation of this coin is £75, for what it's worth