British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

So my Florin arrived today. Should the obverse and reverse align?

I cannot find anything saying anything else other than that they should.

Thanks

Non

To add I know that the Obverse is aligned upside down to reverse but is such a variation in the alignement normal?

Nope, but it might be a good indication that it's a Chinese copy. What does the edge look like and what is the weight?

I will weigh it once I am back from work but this is th ebest picture I can get on my phone.

post-8826-0-94708700-1436974292_thumb.jp

Minor degrees of misalignment are common. The edge looks OK to me, looks a nice coin but the weight will be the final arbiter.

Jerry

Spot on! My instinct is you shouldn't worry, there's nothing about it that jumps out!

And with that weight, we'd all be in trouble if that's a copy! :)

• Like 1

It is not rare even in high grade.

You have paid OTT retail.

Thanks for the feedback, I am guessing you never made a mistake in your life?

If I planned to flip it and make a quick bit of money I would be concerned. I am not so I am not. I will learn from my mistakes ;) Worse case scenario I would make a small lose/get my money back on ebay.

• Like 1

Nice riposte - glad you are not offended by Mr Perfect ;)

chef-2.gif

Tee Hee...never a dull moment on here!

Where you been, Rooney? :)

Edited by Coinery

Always lurking but not saying much, trying to learn from those who know far more than me. I did subscribe though to the Peter grading system a couple of years ago but do not stoop to the depths of coin insults as some on here do. (where's that cauldron and spoon gif :D)

It really is rare in high grade Peter. £130 was a bit steep though, flipping it on eBay and I would suspect a loss, not a quick profit, but as long as you're happy with it that's the main point, we only have a subjective opinion, but you're the buyer at the end of the day.

I am pretty happy with it, as you all know, I am new to this but I am collecting because I want to not to make some fast money.

• Like 2

MMMM nice for £2 not unc but easy EF on obverse unc rev