British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
N888eds

Evening all , advise needed before I get ripped off

I've recently been left a lot of coins by my late father in law , there no good to me and I've done abut reading up a few ie to try to valve them to sell

Abut advise would be very grateful

I have

1902 Edward 111 sovereign ,Matt proof f.o.c

1902 Edward 111 half sovereign Matt proof f.o.c

1820 George 111 half sovereign n,unc lus

Silver eagle 2004 1oz silver dollar

Unused five pound note where the serial number can be rubbed off

There is loads more but I've never got round to notes and full collections too just advise would be grateful

Hi! Why are you about to get ripped off?

Any chance of some photos?

Yeah I can do some now ,as I'm going to sell them but truthfully I don't have a clue of value

Gold will always bring bullion value as a minimum price. Around £200 ish for a full sovereign and half that for a half. P.s, 1902 would be Edward VII (7th)

Edited by azda

Your allowed 500kb per post, so if each is 495kb for example, just use 2 posts

Gold will always bring bullion value as a minimum price. Around £200 ish for a full sovereign and half that for a half. P.s, 1902 would be Edward VII (7th)

Yeah that's right Edward the 7th my mistake typing

Your allowed 500kb per post, so if each is 495kb for example, just use 2 posts

Keeps saying too large to load

Try an image hosting site such as photbucket and then paste the IMG url link into your post

I'd happily buy both the Matt proof sov and half sov from you at a fair price and possibly the 1820 half sovereign if it's nice enough grade

Top grade coins, not the usual 'I've been left a coin' fodder! :)

Top grade coins, not the usual 'I've been left a coin' fodder! :)

There's loads of 3 pennies 1 pennies and old looking Philip 111 8 reals Mexico cove wreck,

Just found the receipts and paper work for the sovereigns do the value of these go up

Beautiful coin! Why is it an LC image?

Cause I couldn't get iPad to uploaded keeps saying to big , the 1820 says on paperwork n unc lus and mine looks as its new better than photo from London coin , I have bank notes etc too

Cause I couldn't get iPad to uploaded keeps saying to big , the 1820 says on paperwork n unc lus and mine looks as its new better than photo from London coin , I have bank notes etc too
Not a good strategy! It's pictures of the original coins that people will need to see to make a judgement!

Are the other images of the Matt sovs taken of the actual coins?

Not a good strategy! It's pictures of the original coins that people will need to see to make a judgement!

Are the other images of the Matt sovs taken of the actual coins?

Yeah I can email all photos that I've took just can't get them on here weired , but truthful

Pictures are the key to selling.

It is also advice (not advise)