British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Why is it when you think you are doing the right thing by upgrading your software, do you get a new icon for your music which no longer allows you to access your tunes? It doesn't feel like progress to me? Grrrr 'kin grrrr!

Drinking home-made cider and feeling disappointed on two fronts! Too much ginger, first of all! Ginger ffs, who puts ginger in cider? JHC, by God?

Mohammed would be appalled, and Buddha would never have got fat!

Cider has changed! Oh, 'wo is me' how much poorer are the generations for the alcopop culture of Perry? ?

So pretty, but where's Bob Dylan when I need him?

post-6942-0-10409200-1435962415_thumb.jp

So pretty, but where's Bob Dylan when I need him?

Splendid, another subsidiary living under the corporate iFault banner. :)

Yeah, the iFault is reigning me in quite nicely to an incongruous finale! I'm thinking pigeons?

I couldn't begin!

Anyway, on a simpler west-country-boy communication...ginger? WTF don't get it...a bit of a shame! I'll make my point (though they were rightfully proud of their pressed-Apple drink [probably wine, truth be hic told]), and I'll get no more FREE tasters, of course! Oh well!

But I might help pick up the Happles next yer! :)

Lol, I noticed a few of your posts last night and thought you were on the devils juice Stewie. During the Course of reading this one I half expected you to be crying at the end of it lol.

Oh boy, wait till you waken up and the mist clears from the thudding head :)

Must be the ginger :D

I did detect a few sherbets were downed.

When drinking a good cider where is the cut off point? :)

Oh, dear! Was is that obvious? :)

You know it was bad when you have to check all your social media apps, your emails and texts in the morning! :rolleyes:

When it starts tasting like ginger Peter ;)

When drinking a good cider where is the cut off point? :)

Empty barrel. :(

Bloody 'modern' cider. I quite agree about the ginger. Similarly blackberries, raspberries or any other additional fruits that aren't apples.

As for perry, well, it's like cider but made with pears not some stupid kids version of WKD.

Whoever dreamed up these awful concoctions ought to be sacked.

As for Apple, as a complete outsider (OK, I admit Wifey does have an iTunes account) I've always been bemused by their popularity. Sure the hardware looks nice. But as far as I can tell the software works precisely as Apple want it to and users need to like it or lump it. As a business model it seems more like a cult, though, like most cults, the number of enthusiasts shows it does have its appeal. But for people like me who want our products to work in the way we want them to, rather than the other way around, other makes seem to have a little more flexibility...

And that's on just one cup of coffee. Perhaps lightening makes us ranty!

:lol:

Edited by TomGoodheart

Bloody 'modern' cider. I quite agree about the ginger. Similarly blackberries, raspberries or any other additional fruits that aren't apples.

As for perry, well, it's like cider but made with pears not some stupid kids version of WKD.

Whoever dreamed up these awful concoctions ought to be sacked.

And that's on just one cup of coffee. Perhaps lightening makes us ranty!

:lol:

It's just part of life's general trend. Given there are few easy options that haven't been tried, the only way to stand out is to become ever more eccentric or outlandish.

As someone who grew up in an era when a pub crawl involving 15 different breweries' ales meant visiting 15 different establishments, the concept of having 15 variations of the same basic cider on the same shelf seems a bit strange and smacks of the marketing man trying to override the pleasures of trying different companies' products. As cider must have a legal definition, presumably these are just flavoured concoctions? Rhetorical question, but what was wrong with dry, medium or sweet?

When it starts tasting like ginger Peter ;)

Nice :)

My first serious girlfriend was a ginger.....game lass...ahaa the delights of a Morris Marina Coupe.