British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

Pain in the a**e Indian gentleman(?)

I really want to see this ancient golden horse cart he's always going on about, seems like it's the top prize.

To think, there are actually individuals who really do fall for this crap. It's amazing.   

Lol. I've seen people like this before on G+ asking 50k for a Victorian rupee. I used to get them sending me msgs and harassing me to buy coins you could pick up at car boot sales for a few quid asking for ludicrous amounts of money. Always with a WhatsApp number. Irritating to say the least.

Still looking for a Golden Horse Cart.Would be an upgrade on my Silver one.

• Like 2

I haven't heard from him this month. Maybe he has been run over by his golden cart? Hope springs eternal. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

:(

res.sir,

herewith i know you that i have 12th to 18th century gold and silver coins to sell on 80,00,000/- pounds advance cash deposit in my account term.

IF YOU ARE NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT THIS OFFER , I CAN SEND YOU MY ID PROOFS.

when your amount is deposit in my account then i proceed to send you coins parcel.

OFFER NO.1
if you want only silver coins i give you 10,000/- silver and gold coins on this advance cash (80,00,000/- pounds) value.

2000 coins silver in one month of payment done by the party. 2nd lot of 8000 coins dispatch after six month

OFFER NO.2

herewith i know you that i want to sell 50,000 ancient {mix metal coins} coins on this value (advance cash 80,00,000/- pounds)
now on wards. offer for one month only

sir please give me support i have long journy to start with you as business carrier.
i have lots of ancient, antique coins to sell.

i want to sell  all the ancient gold silver and mix metal coins to you.

1st. lot ancient coins :- 2000 coins

2nd. lot gold and silver coins :- 8000 coins

rest of coins give you at six month gape.

but on one condition please pay fast advance cash of 80,00,000/- pounds first and i send your 1st lot nad after  one month i deliver second lot
account holder name:- chintan bharatbhai tank (mob.no. 00918469466030)
my address near new haveli, jamnavad road, "LAXMI KLYAN", DHORAJI,RAJKOT,GUJRAT, INDIA.
bank account details ,bank name:- state bank of india. ,bank routing no.:-360002082
bank account no. :- 31220416951 , bank IFSC CODE:- sbin 0060072
branch code :- 60072

thanking you,

yours truly,

chintan bharatbhai tank

near new haveli,

jamnavad road,

"LAXMI KLYAN",

DHORAJI 360 410

DIST. :- RAJKOT

STATE :- GUJRAT

Looks like the golden cart has gone. Not me guv.

Just when you think it's safe ... ;)

Why not ask for some coins up front or an "administration fee" so that you can "release the funds" to his account. Say ooh, about a grand.

No harm in trying to scam the scammers, I say! :ph34r:

Almost unbelievable that people anticipate you falling for this crap. 

I'm surprised he isn't Russian. I can never believe anything they say, and yet they seem to think that I (and the rest of the world) are stupid enough to believe the nonsense they put out.

At least there is one reassuring piece of info in the email. He notes, 'now on wards' - presumably those of Dhoraji lunatic asylum. 

• Like 1

"Six month gape" - wow, that's a long time to spend gazing on even the loveliest coin! :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 10:55 AM, DaveG38 said:

I'm surprised he isn't Russian. I can never believe anything they say, and yet they seem to think that I (and the rest of the world) are stupid enough to believe the nonsense they put out.

I was sceptical about the "fake news" supposedly emanating from Russia, but the more I see of Russia and Putin, the more I'm convinced that much covert hostility exists towards the West. 

Not that I believe their influence over the EU referendum and US elections amounted to very much. The kind of fake news stories circulating on Social Media at the time, were so obviously complete rubbish, that I'm pretty sure no-one with enough sense to vote would have fallen for them.

Also, I can't abide cheats who mess with dope to try and win sporting events. Pleased they got banned. Just a pity they've got the world cup this year. 

17 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

The kind of fake news stories circulating on Social Media at the time, were so obviously complete rubbish, that I'm pretty sure no-one with enough sense to vote would have fallen for them.

We toured the US last year with a couple, they believe all of this rubbish hook line and sinker.