British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

lostagent

Scrap Predecimal pennies wanted

Hi everyone.

I am looking for about 400kgs of scrap predecimal pennies for an art project. Also I will be looking for 3d bits later on but not so many.

I can pay scrap value for the coins and either pick them up or arrange postage.

Only looking for tarnished pennies. I am not looking for any value coins.

Any condition is fine for me.

Many thanks and hope somebody or some people can help.

Matt

Nearly 1/2 ton of pennies? That should see a few of them off!

Sounds like an intriguing project, do share when it's come to fruition!

I can't help, but I'm sure a few kilos could be rustled up on here? :)

That's a lot of pennies. I weighed in over 60kgs last year and sold about the same again.

You wont want to be paying postage on that lot! Where are you based?

Jerry

Scott

Your time has come. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hahaha @ Mr. Splitter :rolleyes:

I am sure Scott does not have 1/2 ton of scrap pre-decimal pennies hanging around , 1/4 ton he might have, LOL

I am sure Scott does not have 1/2 ton of scrap pre-decimal pennies hanging around , 1/4 ton he might have, LOL

I wouldn't bet on it, 400kg is only just over 40,000 in total.

There was a listing on eBay in recent weeks for a seller with 100,000 pennies for sale.

He did want a grand for it though, but my god there were LOADS of them.

There was a listing on eBay in recent weeks for a seller with 100,000 pennies for sale.

He did want a grand for it though, but my god there were LOADS of them.

Buying that would have been a no-brainer

Maybe, but normally the mix of QEII's against the other monarchs is at least 50% or higher.

That's 500 quid instantly wiped off the value, and you really couldn't see what you were buying, just a bunch of heavy boxes with a top layer of bronze.

I'm searching through my history but can't find it.. I have THOUSDANDS of ebay visits over the last few weeks :(

Edit: I might have found it when searching on my phone actually, I'll check.

Edit, edit: Nope, should've guessed that the eBay app is pants and doesn't show search history.

There are sites which sell coins in bulk, such as bulkcoins.co.uk (apt), but it'll still cost you just over 3 grand for the amount you want..

Edited by Nordle11

I'm searching through my history but can't find it.. I have THOUSDANDS of ebay visits over the last few weeks :(

Edit: I might have found it when searching on my phone actually, I'll check.

Edit, edit: Nope, should've guessed that the eBay app is pants and doesn't show search history.

There are sites which sell coins in bulk, such as bulkcoins.co.uk (apt), but it'll still cost you just over 3 grand for the amount you want..

Which is why it was a no-brainer. £1K for 100k of pennies, weighed in is about £2K profit from the scrapper even after the cost of picking it up. No need to list them, just bin them and cash in. £2K daily income on an annualised basis will buy me that Henry VII sovereign, even after tax.

Edited by Rob