British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Master Jmd

Oli, a coin that you may like to bid on:

Here

Just came accross this sixpence of GeoIV and thought that maybe you would like it now that you collect GeoIV stuff :)

Firstly i wouldn't know where to start with the problems that coin has...

What a huge gauge (sp?), dint etc.

Scratches, pretty mediocre specimen and has that been cleaned? Doesn't look right to me... kinda grainy.

I saw that ages ago, as I do an "1826" search almost daily to turn up any sixpences, half crowns or crowns. I had considered buying it when I just saw the obverse, with a view to upgrading. However, when I turned to the reverse, It was too worn for what I wanted so I think I'll pass - thanks anyway!

Edit: This is in my watch pile. Looks a lot better than GVF to me, but the reverse 11 o'clock edge knock is bothering. I may bid if "the price is right". The tone is rather yummy but is it natural? Also, the reverse seems to have a turquoisey tinge...

Edited by Emperor Oli

Edit:  This is in my watch pile.  Looks a lot better than GVF to me, but the reverse 11 o'clock edge knock is bothering.  I may bid if "the price is right".  The tone is rather yummy but is it natural?  Also, the reverse seems to have a turquoisey tinge...

Wow!...The reverse on that is fantastic, although the toning on the obverse is a bit 'much'...good luck with it :)

Edited by Master Jmd

Decent coin, but the obverse toning is too much for me and not grey.

So i'd give it a miss myself.