British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Richard III coin up for grabs

An hour and a half to go for any hammered collectors with a yawning Richard III-sized gap in their collection

link

Apparently the coin was mined, so buyer beware ...

Feedback of 1, so not a bid for the faint-hearted I guess!

Anyone checked it out on NGC to see whether it's a genuine 'picture' at least?

I'd want to have it agreed that I could pay cash and pick it up from his house I think?

"My great grand father left me this coin as part of his will" - so it's got provenance, and obviously fine.

Just had a thought! For someone who doesn't even mention NGC, where did he get his image from? It doesn't look like your average 'prop it up against the sauce-pot and snap it with your phone' kind of image?

Just had a thought! For someone who doesn't even mention NGC, where did he get his image from? It doesn't look like your average 'prop it up against the sauce-pot and snap it with your phone' kind of image?

Good point. It's not the same pic as on the NGC verification site though (although it does look like the same coin), and he could have easily nicked the pic of the reverse as well had he gone there ...

Spink £2250 in VF

Edited by Paulus

His 1 feedback is from a d***k with a 1 feedback and the winning bidder so far is e***k with a 1 feedback. Names seem far too coincidental plus the 1 feedback for all 3, i'd say its a small red warning light the Size of the Taj mahal.

A Stolen picture and a sell and run raid on an unsuspecting bidder, and whilst watching the end of auction he just Received a cherry for being a con artist, something Else that made me wonder, what would his great grandfather know about slabbing companies.

Edited by azda

Interesting sale of Bitcoins. A virtual currency that can apparently be collected in person. :blink:

Good point about slabbing and grandfathers, Dave! Missed that one! :)

Looks nicely shilled.

Well it looks like someone else spotted this conman.

Another cherry received, this time for the Richard III coin itself

post-5057-0-62687900-1432806470_thumb.jp

Funnily enough the picture of the coin is also in the buying guide under "How To Evaluate Your Richard III Coins".

Sorry but I can't paste links for some reason..

Funnily enough the picture of the coin is also in the buying guide under "How To Evaluate Your Richard III Coins".

Sorry but I can't paste links for some reason..

link

Could be where the 'seller' got their pic from ...

Edited by Paulus

Exactamundo, probably why he only has the obv. image.

The fact the reverse image search only brought up hits related to the guide (among ebay crawling websites) makes me think he didn't know it was actually being offered on eBay..

Edit: and thanks for the link Paulus :P you should start getting paid per link haha

Edited by Nordle11

An article on eBay on how to evaluate Richard III coins, published by eBay. :unsure: Presumably this is where Saxbys learned his trade. :huh: Maybe if they published an article on Edward I, or Henry III coins, he would be able to list under these rulers too. :rolleyes: Nah, maybe not. :(

An article on eBay on how to evaluate Richard III coins, published by eBay. :unsure: Presumably this is where Saxbys learned his trade. :huh: Maybe if they published an article on Edward I, or Henry III coins, he would be able to list under these rulers too. :rolleyes: Nah, maybe not. :(

:lol: Saxby is just the most hilarious trader out there! :rolleyes: