British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

It probably depends on who's selling it, I bet there's a few dealers everyone knows that would be partial towards excluding that sort of information... :ph34r:

Just a thought as these coins look like they never had a hole would everyone on here feel comfortable selling a coin as undamaged?

Just a thought as these coins look like they never had a hole would everyone on here feel comfortable selling a coin as undamaged?

I think copper123 you mean anyone not everyone.

If so i doubt they will admit that on an open forum would be bang out of order to not mention any repair.

amazing..!...I've got one of those Australian holey dollars...do you think he could fix that?

Ha!

The centre of those coins would be somewhat difficult to replicate I think.

Actually as I think about this, I wonder if third-party grades can pick up on this. I assume the weight might be a bit off but if it looks alright...

Recently a 1917 sov was sold by a CGS partner it was so wrong.

Plus there is a CGS slabbed 1865 farthing with a MASSIVE edge knock out there.

That is dishonest.

Nothing but a twat would drill a 1905 shilling and a good repair is fine by me.

I wouldn't want the light polishing.

Are there any other coin restorers of good repute to know about? I have some coins begging for their freedom since they were made into brooches.

Are there any other coin restorers of good repute to know about? I have some coins begging for their freedom since they were made into brooches.

There is a guy in the US.

I've forgotten his name but I'm sure he repaired a forum members holed 1905 1/-.

Personally I avoid impaired coins.