British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

timbo

1922. 27 reverse. egffy alignement : i have one to sell

When I bought it at LCA a few years ago, someone there told me it had been found in a dealer's bowl !!!! So it had been around since issue, probably, and no-one had noticed that it has an ME obverse as well which is the most striking thing about it. So there may well be more.............................

That sounds about right - I suppose everyone has been too interested in finding a Freeman 192A for so long and didn't give this any more than a second glance.

When I bought it at LCA a few years ago, someone there told me it had been found in a dealer's bowl !!!! So it had been around since issue, probably, and no-one had noticed that it has an ME obverse as well which is the most striking thing about it. So there may well be more.............................

That sounds about right - I suppose everyone has been too interested in finding a Freeman 192A for so long and didn't give this any more than a second glance.

Except that it has a reverse which looks as tho it's F192A and they're generally spotted very quickly. It does give hope to us all that there are further varieties still to be discovered......

• Like 1

True, though the denticles look a bit shorter to me (at a glance the Freeman 192A's long denticles are always quite an obvious feature).

In any case, I doubt the last page has been written on pennies yet.

On 12/10/2015 at 2:28 PM, timbo said:

post-8773-0-93296200-1449775641_thumb.jppost-8773-0-39303200-1449775700_thumb.jp

Guest sir art  midace

This coin is what some call the bronz ment the spot on the shaft is why the tip of the trident is where it is and not below the tooth. This is one of the first made . The next 10 or so will be normal untill die is charged. and same process where    pin is insert to alignment  of coin now the 27 reverse ismade with no alignment  pin .

34 minutes ago, Guest sir art midace said:

This coin is what some call the bronz ment the spot on the shaft is why the tip of the trident is where it is and not below the tooth. This is one of the first made . The next 10 or so will be normal untill die is charged. and same process where    pin is insert to alignment  of coin now the 27 reverse ismade with no alignment  pin .

What? And in English?