British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

timbo

1922. 27 reverse. egffy alignement : i have one to sell

Lets see a how rare she is a nother coin die that was struck. Pre 1922.

A reverse 27 1922 egffy this one is one of a kind

Do you have a pic?

They are rare but some of the pennie boys have them

Pictures please.

Ah, that must be the specimen 1922 penny then! LOL!

One of a kind alignmet egfi observ reverse 27 1922 date.wonderfull color for sale.

• Like 1

One of a kind alignmet egfi observ reverse 27 1922 date.wonderfull color for sale.

I hate to break your bubble but that's a normal 1922, but you probably already knew that given the lovely pictures you've provided.

Lol, I love his "I'll take £16,000" comment. If he gives me £50 I'll take it off his hands and dispose of it in a large hole :D

• Like 1

post-509-0-23537700-1449845384_thumb.jpg

They are rare but some of the pennie boys have them

Pictures please.

Here you go Peter. My 1922/27 is like the middle one.

Edited by RLC35

The 'untrue' 27 reverse as some might say! So goddam jealous.

• Like 1

So whats the difference between the three coins ?

Edited by SWANNY

The waves just above the date area are different to my eyes. But I assume there are other markers?

Things pointing to teeth and micrometre differences in trident position and such, .... as beloved by the Penny boys!

:lol:

Edited by TomGoodheart
  • Like 1

The thumb of Britannia should extend past the lines on the shield. Look at the first one, then the other 2, the thumb is noticeably more extended

The easiest tell tale is that massive border but for confirmation the right serif of the second 'N' in PENNY should point between two teeth.

So whats the difference between the three coins ?

The difference in the coins are as follows.

1) This is a regular 1922, with the normal reverse. The trident touches the tooth.

2) This is a 1922, with a reverse of 1927. The trident is short of, or below, the tooth

3) This is a regular 1927 Penny. This year continues the trident being shorter, and not touching the tooth.

Edited by RLC35
  • Like 1

Sorry, Bob's quite right, I was only referring to the 1922 penny with the 27 reverse, I should have said!

Ok I'm back here is the egified aligent1922.27. Reverse

But it's not a 1922 rev 1927, so give it a break.

Sadly I don't think I'll ever be able to be a penny collector....... :ph34r:

Agreed. I consider that I have a good eye for detail. But all these tiny little differences? They just don't do it for me at all.

You don't have to collect the varieties. For every nerd there are far more people who just want an example of each date.

Agreed. I consider that I have a good eye for detail. But all these tiny little differences? They just don't do it for me at all.

And agreed again ... makes me wonder, is the huge interest in these nano-varieties for pennies largely fuelled by Spink choosing to list and value some of them individually, while largely ignoring this degree of granularity for most other denominations?