British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Thanks its given me something to look at .

The 1866 is not the nicest coin i have seen and the picture of lot 2471 is a bit tricky.

That's lunchtime entertainment taken care of then ..........

Finally, cheers Jac.

Penny time...

All the penny baddies coming together!!!!!

Not wanting to be too critical or anything but quite a few are 'UNC or near so' and pretty sure they're not even close?

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?searchlot=2535&searchtype=2&page=Catalogue

Perhaps it's time to put together a predecimal task-force that will identify a group of such suspect coins, inspect these in-person and report back to the forum about how far or close to the mark LCA were. I have identified a few bronze and coppers that I will report on. The 1866 is of special interest to me because I think it is a clear giveaway (with all the circular cropping etc) and I want to bring to light any deliberate attempts by LCA to mislead buyers just as they did with the 1868 penny in the previous auction. The hope is that this will force them to get their act together.

Am I missing something? When I go to the home page all I see is a preview, but no catalogue. :huh:

Are these the same graders that grade for CGS?

Mark

Am I missing something? When I go to the home page all I see is a preview, but no catalogue. :huh:

Rob try control+f5

Same here. :unsure:

That's the same.

Not to wory,there's no rush. I can wait for the printed one

Are these the same graders that grade for CGS?

Mark

Yes. Without the UIN it is difficult to know roughly when the coin was graded.

Their 'June Catalogue' link has disappeared, temporarily I expect.

Edited by Paulus

Yeah I can no longer look at the catalogue, I wondered what happened..

Sale 148 is the last one

Oops .............

I browsed the catalogue on the website itself. Better really as all photographed. Just filter by category.

I identified that shilling because it is slabbed CGS 75 - so they obviously cant say "well its actually only EF so we overgraded it previously" - they're sticking by their original grading even though incorrect... God forbid an admission of subjectivity in the slabbing process.

Finally managed to look at this catalogue through one of the links on this page. There is a lot in it for me so I am clearly going to have to be selective and targeted in my bidding.

Edit: There are also a few fairly rare coins that I already own. I will be interested to see how they do as a guide to value.

Edited by jaggy

Lot 2471 has the wrong picture on.

Listed as 1886 penny Freeman 186, but has a nice picture of a 1912h up.

• Like 1