British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

I have 1000 x CCGB2005!

If gothic florins were still made, and readily available, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a petrol station!

Petrol stations have sold coins, I'm sure of that. Ridiculous Harry Potter items and the like.

Well, just to let people know that I now have just 160 copies of CCGB2005 left in my storage place over the road (plus about 20 in stock right in front on me).

So out of the print run of 5000, 4820 have been sold, and the rest should last nicely until the 2006 version in printed.

I have penciled October 10th as the publication date for the 2006 version.

So, no more of the 2005 version will be printed, and that means that all of the 2005 version have the 'TT' error on the spine!! Damn.

I'll do the same number of the 2006 version, and it will be of much better quality paper and print job. I think this one will further help the reputation and hopefully lead to an increased print run of the 2007 version. Sales of 10,000 per annum are the target (level with Spink and Coin Yearbook)

I saw a few at Ottakers in Lincoln, haven't checked their Huddersfield branch yet.

W H Smith's at Huddersfield have the Roman one only, WHSmiths of Barnsley have nothing, not even a Spink. But they do have the Stanley Gibbons attempt!

I saw a CCGB2005 in Gillingham WHSmith. They also had a Coin Yearbook....And acidentally it slipped right down the back of the shelf, and I put mine of full frontal view.

I saw a CCGB2005 in Gillingham WHSmith. They also had a Coin Yearbook....And acidentally it slipped right down the back of the shelf, and I put mine of full frontal view.

Oww how un...fortunate.

:lol:

Smith's is still reluctant to stock coin books (at least in Whitehaven). Wonder why? :(

Smith's is still reluctant to stock coin books (at least in Whitehaven). Wonder why? :(

I saw a Stanley Gibbons attempt in my local branch (Brentwood), but nothing else.

It must just depend where the branch is. I expect the managers are responsible for the stock items, and if the branch has no real history of selling coin books, then they are probably unlikely to think about trying.

And, it could also indicate that when you looked, the only copy they had was sold. I suspect they probably only carry ones and twos.....Still they bought over 1300 in the past 10 months, so they must be going somewhere.

I have 120 in storage over the road, and 40 here for retail customers. I'm sure I'll sell the 40 before the new edition, and I will probably sell the 120 too, but I don't mind if I have a few left over, I can just discount them.

Congrats!

Prety good going, almost selling all before the next version of the book!

Sold all 5000 now! I have 120 left and WHSmith just put an order through for 350! :S

So I'll see if it's cost effective to print 350 especially (without spine error!) or I'll send them say 70 and keep the rest to sell via predecimal.com before the next one is ready.

I expect WHS probably don't realise there's a new one around about October 10th, so they can possibly even last on what they have until then. Whatever, it's good that their sales were strong, and perhaps I can talk them into taking an initial order of 1500 of the 2006 version based on the sales of the 2005!

Great stuff, Chris. Especially waking up Smiths. Keep them coming! :D

Congrats!

It seems that GBCC is finally getting the recognition it deserves!

Chris

Daft question - do you have any of the error double T books for sale??

May be too late lol

All I have left is a couple of copies that I'm keeping for the archive.

I believe WHS have 46 left!

Chris

Daft question - do you have any of the error double T books for sale??

May be too late lol

What about the T over E error?