British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Perkins

I have 1000 x CCGB2005!

They're done. I should get the rest next week.

But you won't believe there is a spelling mistake on the spine!!!! We just noticed despite checking everything 5 times!!! 'GREAT BRITTAIN' is spelt with a double T.

Can you believe it. Hopefully I can get to the printers and prevent them all having a double T, but at least 1000 or more have a double T!!

I could kick myself, such a stupid mistake in such a visible place (although the font makes it more difficult to spot). Why didn't I notice, why didn't the designer notice, why didn't anyone notice?

Can you believe it. Hopefully I can get to the printers and prevent them all having a double T, but at least 1000 or more have a double T!!

So, now we have extremely rare books!

I take it that you used a qualified proof reader, no?....anyway think of it as beginners bad luck :P

...when do we get them?

...can i have a double T copy? :D

Edited by Master Jmd

Can i have a double T copy also?

Yes, the double T variety should be scarcer than the normal version. It depends how many are sitting in the printers, the normal version might end up the rarer!

hmm i'll have one of each! :D

hmm i'll have one of each! :D

Me too if possible...

Double T...my word...just shows you how much a Britt forgets once he moves to Germany :P

Why you little pesky sarcastic gits!

Why you little pesky sarcastic gits!

Very British reply! :D

I might actually have 2, one to write in, one to not use and keep on the shelf for future reference.

My catalogues always fall apart in the end!

I'll have any, just as long as it's signed by you, Chris ;)

Yes, I'll need to find all your addresses now. So far HPJ, Sylvester, Geoff, Wybrit, DAS and Edward are sorted.

If you know any of the others (or are any of the others), please ask them to email an address. cp@predecimal.com

Sent mine Chris :)

Yes, I'll need to find all your addresses now. So far HPJ, Sylvester, Geoff, Wybrit, DAS and Edward are sorted.

If you know any of the others (or are any of the others), please ask them to email an address. cp@predecimal.com

Yeah Chris autograph it! :D

Excellent news Chris, can I have a 'rare' TT copy aswell please? I'm posting from a computer in the San Agostino resort in Greece, its a British resort so I am happy.

Great accomplishment to have the book done by this time. Congratulations (even if there is a misspelling).

My book has arrived already!!! Thanks for the fast posting of it :)

...I like the error :P

Edit: Is that another error: for the Edward VIII Farthing its price says £12000+ /...should the slash ( / ) be there?

Edited by Master Jmd

Yes, it kind of should be there even if it doesn't look right, as it indicates an UNC price.

Got mine today - thanks Chris.

Looks great.

Spotted a couple of typos on page 3

British Musuem Collection

and

existance (right at the bottom)

And I'm sure this is one I pointed out!

It's a bit mean to point out typos once the book is in print - I have kittens everytime something of mine appears, particularly if I've proof-read it myself - but there is one lovely one on p.75 which tickled me. "Asterisk" has appeared as "asterix" :D

Nevertheless, this shouldn't detract from all the effort that's gone into producing a very useful update to a an equally useful guide.

BTW - I'm now thinking of changing my username to Geoff TT... ;)

G

And I'm sure this is one I pointed out!

It's a bit mean to point out typos once the book is in print - I have kittens everytime something of mine appears, particularly if I've proof-read it myself - but there is one lovely one on p.75 which tickled me. "Asterisk" has appeared as "asterix" :D

You're right Geoff.

I only pointed them out so that if there was another print run Chris could get them fixed.

I don't know what software Chris is using to produce the book - whether he's authoring pdf directly or converting to it - but it ought to have a spell/grammar checker which would spot these things.

Be interesting to see whether it complains about asterix :)

Mine hasn't arrived yet, I'm getting so envious ;). Tomorrow, or the postman gets it.

The post is terrible! I was supposed to get a package from Chris four weeks ago, it came yesterday! We had assumed that it had got lost in the post!

My copy arrived today and it is far superior to what I was expecting! I suppose I didn't really have any idea of what it would be like because I'd always seen it on Acrobat, but I am extremely impressed with it. I think we all, especially Chris overall, a big round of applause for making Collectors' Coins the best it has even been

Agreed well done Chris and everyone who helped. May it be the first of many 'new look' editions. I've just noticed that the 1934 crown on the front cover is the same as the one advertised by Colin Cooke in his advert in september's Coin News, I think that he bought it from Colin via Ebay. What a wonderful example!

Another typo ;)...page 7, 1856 P1603 mintage figure: 913,9200. I think, for its high value, that you have put one too many 0's on the end :)

Edited by Master Jmd

Trust you JMD!

I'll see that one is changed next time.