British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rush of blood - won Lot334 the tower mint halfcrown ...

Rush of blood? Should that not be gush of blood? You should be bled dry at that level. :huh:

Good provenance though. I think it goes back to Trattle.

Edited by Rob

Problem is Rob I fall in love with certain coins from time to time. and it's the best I've seen S.2763. That and just sold half my collection in Spinks last auction. Yep silly I know.

Btw Trattle?

Edited by Nicholas

Problem is Rob I fall in love with certain coins from time to time. and it's the best I've seen S.2763. That and just sold half my collection in Spinks last auction. Yep silly I know.

Btw Trattle?

Lot 367 just went for 135,000 pounds. Own up ... who was it?

Bugger.............busted ;) Lot 411 should be interesting

Edited by azda

I cannot tell a lie.............................. it wasn't me.

It was me......I have an email from Mr Omogulu in Nigeria saying that I about to get £20m and I only have to give him my bank details....sorted !

It's a pretty outstanding day for emphasising the value of a decent provenance.

As I intimated a couple weeks ago, the ryal I bought cost me roughly the hammer price of lot 290, that for a coin which is at least half a grade higher and not creased. All in all, I'm quite happy to have no liquidity today.

Nicholas. There is another one in comparable grade, with a similar level of defects at different points to this one.

Underbidder on lot 336. was that you Richard?

Gosh, no! Not enough pennies at present for purchases. What was the hammer on that one anyway?

I bid on lot 468 but was quite a lot under the hammer. Bit of a blessing in disguise as there are a number of coins at London Auctions that are high on my buy list.

Gosh, no! Not enough pennies at present for purchases. What was the hammer on that one anyway?

£1000

I bid on lot 468 but was quite a lot under the hammer. Bit of a blessing in disguise as there are a number of coins at London Auctions that are high on my buy list.

I'd assumed that was you.

There are some mind boggling numbers here. Very important not to get caught up in the feeding frenzy.

Gosh, no! Not enough pennies at present for purchases. What was the hammer on that one anyway?.

£1000, i was there at £950 and did'nt have the Heart to push it one more

There are some mind boggling numbers here. Very important not to get caught up in the feeding frenzy.

I think the name Slaney is doing Most of the pushing and people wanting an associated coin

Lot 451, whats with that large A in Maria on the OBV and grade of GVF?

post-5057-0-04140600-1431614159_thumb.jp

£15K all in for the silver cartwheel twopence. Even the unloved silver halfpenny is selling for twice what I was paying 6 or 7 years ago

I went 22k on a gold coin that my mate recommended ended up selling for 301k

Will be going after the 1877 penny next. Fingers crossed

I went 22k on a gold coin that my mate recommended ended up selling for 301k

I hope if anyone is bidding that you're bidding through their website, saving 3% as if it really matters at these prices anyway

• Like 1

Just your luck, plenty of interest, underbidder?

Some silly prioces just because it's Slaney? Surely the 1601 shilling, looking overgraded at VF, was worth nearer £250-300 gross than £700 net??

Agreed. Discipline is so important at auction.

Where can we find a list of realised prices?

On the Sale Room: This auctioneer has chosen to not publish their results. Please contact them directly for any enquiries.

Or if you kind folk noted prices for these lots?:

Just your luck, plenty of interest, underbidder?

Damn :((