British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
ChKy

documentaries about my home country

Edited by ChKy

I'm definitely going to take some time out and watch all of these!

As Arnie said...'I'll be back!'

I'm definitely going to take some time out and watch all of these!

As Arnie said...'I'll be back!'

that is very nice :) in the meanwhile I will look for further movies.

Edited by ChKy

I like this!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32304126?SThisFB&fb_ref=Default

Edit: Oops, posted in the wrong thread, sorry ChKy!

:huh::o:lol:

it appears that there are crazier people around then I had ever expected... ;)

enjoy the "in between" parts of Al Murray´s German Adventure on youtube.com ;)

Edited by ChKy

Wow, it's growing and growing! :)

I´ll do my very best ;) ;) ;)

Edited by ChKy

Edited by ChKy

My uncle Billy was on HMS Hood, aged 19, when it sunk. http://www.hmshood.com/crew/memorial/pq/PerkinsWG.htm

My uncle Billy was on HMS Hood, aged 19, when it sunk. http://www.hmshood.com/crew/memorial/pq/PerkinsWG.htm

You have my sympathy. It was a severs loss for your family. War is a terrible thing.

My German grandfather had to serve in North Africa. He got a Malaria infection there, which compromized his cardiac function. At least he survived WWII for almost 17 years, but died aged 50. Far too early, I was a baby at this time

My Greek grandfather was a barber in Thessaloniki during the wartime. Amongst his costumers were German soldiers and officers as well. After the German occupation in Greece has ended, communist rebels started a civil war against the Greek government and there British allies. These rebels took my grandfather hostage in order execute him for "collaboration with the enemy"... Lukely my grandpa survived. My uncle was two years old and my grandmother was pregnant, my own father was not born at that time.

Every family in Europe has to tell such sort of story I guess. So I think we all know about the past times and we should compare that with nower times. In my view all European citizens (including me) have the duty to be critical and intent. Never let this happen again!

I have to admit that I am not too anglophil (that is Sarah´s part) :P:D , but I am interested in human nature and cultural achievements in general. I am the only German citizen here in this forum I guess. So I started to show you some movies dealing with my home country, hoping to make Germany more attractive for you guys. The same intention I have with our current book project, trying to make British coinage more attractive to coin collectors in Germany ;)

BTW While writing this post I have some 19 years old Scotch Speyside Single Malt Allt-A-Bhainne...

You're a top man, ChKy, it's great having you here! :)

I love a bit of single malt myself!

too much of flattery... ;):):wub: