British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
palves

Gold Sovereign 1829 George IV

HI everyone, I buying a lot of Portuguese coins and the seller is trying to include this Sovereign. How would you grade it and how scarce is it?

libra%2B1829%2Bouro.jpg

Thanks in advance.

PA

With reference to Rotographic Grading British Coins and the fairly poor phot I would grade your sovereign as better than VF but just shy of EF say abt. EF. In all a very nice coin.

Thanks a million. That's the only picture I've. the seller is asking for 750 and it is a bit steep for me.

Thanks

I think Marsh to his book says that is scarce.About 2.500.000 items minted.I thing it is a very strong VF coin.Unfortunally this photo dosn't show very well the loustre and this is important for the value.

However these coins under 1830 you must not pass them.It is very scarce coins...

The seller, which is a very honest man and so far all the coins I have bought him are better than he described, says than the coin is clearly EF, only the high details show some wear.

The seller have the coin in his hand and he knows better.If you trust him so go on and get it.It is very wanted coins..