British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
REDD

Any 'Diamonds' amongst this lot ? (Pic Heavy)

Just wondered if anyone sees anything worthy of note among this lot of coins my gran has asked me to get valued.

They're going on Tuesday to a local dealer, but anything rare/semi valuable I'd like to know beforehand.

Can't even link to 6 pics in a post so will have to link to the album....

http://s830.photobucket.com/user/FAKEQUIDS/library/Moms%20Coins

Thanks for any input :)

You need to make your album public Redd ...

Private album, we cannot see anything

DOH
I already made it public once... clearly it didn't work :angry:

All working now.

Edited by REDD

Hi Redd,

I don't think so, alas. Don't proffess to being an expert in Roman and ancient, but have recently been building a selection and enjoyed many an hour cataloging and describing for future use.

Your biggest problem is the low grade of most of these. Serious money dosn't kick in until you get to grades around good very fine, or extremely fine. That's of course a general comment. No doubt money wasn't the main consideration when the collection was being built, but it is of course when it comes to selling.

If there is a rarity then depending on its condition your dealer will hopefully flag it up and make you a fair offer. I hope he would be willing to explain why he would offer you that price as well.

Regards

Mark

Edited by sound