British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

shaneleeds

2009 Blue Peter Olympic 50p

On 12/12/2016 at 9:30 AM, Nordle11 said:

Where did you come from? Welcome to the forum, and thanks for linking :D 

Looks like they quoted @copper123 :D 

I believe it was my picture they used from the first page. I'll get my lawyers on the case.

And yes, I do have an example..... that one.

Guest Stuart

After reading all the above posts, I'm surprised to find out out that I actually have a loose 2009 dated 50p athletics coin which I was given in my change a couple of years ago. I never realised how scarce this coin is and I am even more surprised at finding one in my change. It looks like it's been in circulation for quite a while as it has a few scratches and chips on it but definitely one to keep in my collection. I also have a Blue Peter 2009 coin that I bought on eBay for just a few pounds in 2012, but now I see they are selling for £80 plus!

• Like 2

the blue peter issue 2009 50p has shot up, i bought several in the blue peter card last year, they were around £18 a pop, selling for around £90 now, 

Guest Andrew

I have just paid £95 for a 2009 Olympic 50p, have I wasted my money ?

On 4/3/2015 at 10:51 AM, azda said:

The 1992 EU presidency 50p is also a lower mintage than Kew gardens

Agree this one is often missed. Its a good coin to collect.

These have now doubled in price during the last few weeks and people now starting to ask for even more ,they have sold as soon as listed on the facebook groups.

Crazy considering they were £1.99 from WH Smiths when they were released.

4 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

These have now doubled in price during the last few weeks and people now starting to ask for even more ,they have sold as soon as listed on the facebook groups.

Crazy considering they were £1.99 from WH Smiths when they were released.

There are two on ebay at the moment with bidding at £205 and £255!!! And that's with more than a day to go. Paid £3.49 for mine.

Edited by DaveG38

32 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

There are two on ebay at the moment with bidding at £205 and £255!!! And that's with more than a day to go. Paid £3.49 for mine.

This is getting silly now 😝 

There's a lot of money sloshing around at the moment. Even furloughed people are getting 80% of wages with nothing to spend it on, including petrol/travel to work which must account for a major spend in most houses. Coupled with an interest rate that's effectively zero, and people are looking for places to park their money, whether researched or not.

The down side is the difficulty in getting stock at prices which leave you a margin because online auctions are booming in the current climate, so sometime soon we need to move onto some form of mobility.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rob said:

The down side is the difficulty in getting stock at prices which leave you a margin because online auctions are booming in the current climate, so sometime soon we need to move onto some form of mobility.

This is my problem right now - my eBay sales are doing just fine, but it's hard to buy any decent material at wholesale prices right now.

Luckily my dealing is a hobby to fund the collection rather than something I depend on for income, but it's frustrating when you put a lot of bids you feel are sensible on an auction and come away with no lots, or just one or two. 

• Like 1

I wish I wasn't working every day so that I could bung a ton of stuff up for sale. :(

20 hours ago, DaveG38 said:

Yes Dave WH Smiths must of charged more as were definately £1.99 from the Royal Mint ,you have done well should you wish to sell it as one sold last night on facebook for £260 👍