British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

REDD

What's going on with this 1858 penny ?

Having a quick check through some of my grans coins before I send them off to get priced,

and came across this (Typically the first one I checked out of the bag!!)

There's something going on with the date but it doesn't match any varieties I've seen.

Any ideas ??

DOH... the file didn't attach.

Yeah thanks Declan, I stumbled on that site but as you will hopefully see, this coin doesn't match anything :unsure:

post-7342-0-70119700-1427830886_thumb.jp

What does the rest of the coin look like? You will need better pictures with less saturation than the one above.

Not much else going on with the coin (apart from the evil drill mark in the center)

post-7342-0-64486800-1427902233_thumb.jp

That's so battered it would be difficult to establish what parts were original and which post-mint modified