British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Let's See Your Toned English Milled Silver!

A Wiener pattern shilling, ESC 1382

01831.JPG

• Like 4

Yikes, Rob, are you now coming after the shillings? LOL...I like that 1853 best there.

5 hours ago, VickySilver said:

Yikes, Rob, are you now coming after the shillings? LOL...I like that 1853 best there.

Those are shillings from when I used to collect shillings and halfpennies as denominations. All four were culled over the past 10 years when I refocused the collection. Although I don't have them any more, I thought they were pretty enough to include on the thread. Here's another, a Wiener pattern, ESC 1380.

01830.JPG

Edited by Rob
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Rob said:

02148.JPG

is that not a dropped 2 under the 5 or a pic illusion?

• Like 1

• Like 1

Newbie this week, circulation issue

1902_hc_02_ref_01651_01_2400.jpg

• Like 7

My 1902 Halfcrowns. They are not encapsulated coins. They were scanned in a plastic capsule as I think it produces a better scan by stopping the coin making contact with the glass table of the scanner.

1902 Halfcrown.jpg

1902 Matte Proof.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/27/2018 at 7:37 AM, Rob said:

Here's another, a Wiener pattern, ESC 1380.

I don't know how you could bear to part with that.

2 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

I don't know how you could bear to part with that.

That's one I regret. I had the reverse duplicated with a copper 1383, so was hoping to find the same obverse with a different reverse. Just never happened.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

That's one I regret. I had the reverse duplicated with a copper 1383, so was hoping to find the same obverse with a different reverse. Just never happened.

It still might, I guess?

4 hours ago, mrbadexample said:

It still might, I guess?

The copper ESC1383 (same dies as the ESC1382 above) that I kept is a better coin than either of the two silver pieces shown, so getting rid of these two silver pieces was the logical move. I just didn't anticipate the difficulty replacing the ESC1380 with something other than the dies seen on the ESC1382 above.

I love the toning on the reverse Paul. I would love a 1911 proof set but other things keep catching my eye meaning funds go elsewhere!!

Edited by Nonmortuus

A new addition to my Vickies recently, it has some nice colours but unfortunatly I'll need to try harder to capture them.

1897_3d.jpg

• Like 2

I may have posted this before, but just to revive the thread ... 1693_hc_04_cgs_40_uin_38005_1300.jpg

• Like 3