British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Let's See Your Toned English Milled Silver!

I will open a new post to get it out of here , I,m sure people have had enough of my bitching

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Always listen and two sides to every story...........Is that the truth with regards the court case :o

Its been going on long enough and feel the truth should be talked about :)

Actually ... three sides. What he said, what she said and what actually happened. :P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Actually ... three sides. What he said, what she said and what actually happened. :P

I can stand on my own two feet.....Who is SHE ?.

I would support anyone if i think they have done nothing wrong.

47 minutes ago, SWANNY said:

I will open a new post to get it out of here , I,m sure people have had enough of my bitching

Sure your right and good for you to put an end to it and the truth :)

Let's change the subject and post a few nice coins. Unfortunately, I don't have anything remotely exciting left to post. Just a few very common coins.

1898 Maundy Set.JPG

• Like 1

Don't think I've ever seen a colourfully toned Churchill Crown before.

No Nick I hadn't. This one is slabbed and graded at ms65. Makes an ugly coin slightly more attractive to the eye.

This is an 1825 Farthing - Type 2 -  incuse midribs, peck listed as very scarce. Does anyone know much about this variety

DSC02817.JPG

49 minutes ago, crow1 said:

This is an 1825 Farthing - Type 2 -  incuse midribs, peck listed as very scarce. Does anyone know much about this variety

DSC02817.JPG

Silver?

Is it me or does the G in GEOR look off line, or is that normal for this coin. It's a beaut' by the way. The 1817 is similar but not as pronounced as the 1818.

Edited by Sleepy
Spelling mistake

The G is slightly smaller and lower.  Variations in the letters and numbers are not unusual for this era of coin.

Lovely toning, especially on the 1893 6d.

Shame the plastic of the slab on the 1911 3d makes the obverse rim look messy.  It also obscures the beads, which variety is it?

Not much of my stuff is good enough to show much toning, but I pulled out these 3 that look OK:

Vic toned group 1.jpg

Vic toned group 2.jpg

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Lovely toning, especially on the 1893 6d.

Shame the plastic of the slab on the 1911 3d makes the obverse rim look messy.  It also obscures the beads, which variety is it?

The type on the slab is S3.G5.1911.01 - CGS 82. I am at work so cant actually get to the coin today :)