British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Nordle11

1904 Penny UNC - BU

13 minutes ago, azda said:

if you quote any varieties on the submission forms then it would be checked, CGS actively look for varities and sometimes even create their own :ph34r:

Yes they definitely do :D there are plenty of new varieties, especially for pennies. Like your triple colon dot Pete, that's not really a variety more a flaw, but they'll list as a variety.

They list extra linear circles, unbarred Hs, open and closed 9's, thin and thick 7's etc etc. All as varieties, IMO they should be footnotes or points of interest. Keeps the collectors collecting I suppose!

2 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Yes they definitely do :D there are plenty of new varieties, especially for pennies. Like your triple colon dot Pete, that's not really a variety more a flaw, but they'll list as a variety.

They list extra linear circles, unbarred Hs, open and closed 9's, thin and thick 7's etc etc. All as varieties, IMO they should be footnotes or points of interest. Keeps the collectors collecting I suppose!

Thats really what i mean Matt they can only list it as they see it and they are varieties however you look at it :)

Yeah of course, but to me it would only warrant a mention instead of an extra reference for itself. But just like all things, who's to say what deserves a reference of it's own and what doesn't. Everyone's 'variety' list is probably different even if we all collect the same denomination :D 

Sign in to follow this