British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I think we should have a pound coin with the welsh and the Irish put together (leek and shamrock)

And just to upset the scots put the thistle and rose together , just to assure them they will never be independant

Always complaining about the Scots but never want us to leave the union. Come

The GE when we have a full quota of 50 odd Scots MPs then we'll see whats about to happen.

Watch this space ;)

Scotland already has 59 MPs. Only the 6 SNP ones are really odd.

I think we should have a pound coin with the welsh and the Irish put together (leek and shamrock)

And just to upset the scots put the thistle and rose together , just to assure them they will never be independant

Always complaining about the Scots but never want us to leave the union. Come

The GE when we have a full quota of 50 odd Scots MPs then we'll see whats about to happen.

Watch this space ;)

Scotland already has 59 MPs. Only the 6 SNP ones are really odd.

No, thats the 53 labour MPs who will be redundant after the GE :D

Not bias at all but I hope Cameron gets another term.Look what a mess he took over.

• Like 1

Not bias at all but I hope Cameron gets another term.Look what a mess he took over.

This arsehole should be shot at dawn along with IDS. Claiming to have lowered unemployment while dishing out severe cuts to the already impoverished unemployed while giving their Champagne quaffing friends heads up and first dibs on various contracts stinks to high heaven. Hiding the Phedos that languish within Westminster is also another point.

The whole establishment stinks and needs a radical clear out because the Tories are in it for themselves and their buddies, Cameron and his cronies don't have a clue about the common man on the street and certainly don't give a shit about them either. One day the shit will hit the fan that Westminster and those who sit there are bottom feeders who should be brought to justice for their cover ups and tipping the wink to their chums on up coming sales of the NHS and the PO for example.

The place is rotten to the core, then there's the House of Lords whose members don't pay tax and are unelected, WHY should they be exempt? An absolute joke

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

This arsehole should be shot at dawn along with IDS. Claiming to have lowered unemployment while dishing out severe cuts to the already impoverished unemployed while giving their Champagne quaffing friends heads up and first dibs on various contracts stinks to high heaven. Hiding the Phedos that languish within Westminster is also another point.

The whole establishment stinks and needs a radical clear out because the Tories are in it for themselves and their buddies, Cameron and his cronies don't have a clue about the common man on the street and certainly don't give a shit about them either. One day the shit will hit the fan that Westminster and those who sit there are bottom feeders who should be brought to justice for their cover ups and tipping the wink to their chums on up coming sales of the NHS and the PO for example.

The place is rotten to the core, then there's the House of Lords whose members don't pay tax and are unelected, WHY should they be exempt? An absolute joke

If this sort of post is deemed to be acceptable, then this forum is no longer the place for me.

Nick, I for one massively value your posts and I am sure I am not alone. The political comments belong in the 'Nothing to do with coins' thread, but you know how topics drift!

If you do sadly leave then please stay in touch as our collecting areas overlap.

Nick's tougher than that, Paul. He dusted me up when I first arrived, over the small matter of smelting bullion coins! ;):)

I echo Paul's comment Nick. Yes, topics drift. Yes, people speak their minds.

I could go round deleting posts that might be .. controversial, shall we say ... but I'd rather not, both because it would take time but also because I'm not greatly in favour of forums where everything is policed, because then people don't always feel comfortable saying what they want to.

It's a difficult compromise and it sadly won't suit everyone. Personally I just skim over most of the meanderings for the next on-topic comment ....

...unless I'm bored, in which case Peter and Dave can meander better than anyone else I know!

Edited by TomGoodheart

I echo Paul's comment Nick. Yes, topics drift. Yes, people speak their minds.

I could go round deleting posts that might be .. controversial, shall we say ... but I'd rather not both because it would take time and also because I'm not greatly in favour of forums where everything is policed because then people don't always feel comfortable saying what they want to.

It's a difficult compromise and it sadly won't suit everyone. Personally I just skim over most of the meanderings for the next on-topic comment ....

Christ. That's a job and a half. :ph34r:(sic)

you don't have to reply. ;)

Edited by Rob

Not sure whymy comment would offend you Nick, its inly my view that this Tory Government has nithing in common with the common working man and has only Got London and his millionaire friends at his heart, after all, Cameron is related to the queen.

Remember all the flak itook about thr Indy vite last year? I stiod alone amoungst all the hammer blows, so please grow a pair, its my view and if you don't agree then feel free to PM me your own views against my post amd we can debate it, i have no problem with that or you or anyone else onthis forum regardless of religion, race or anything else.

Oh and just for the record, shooting cameron was of course metaphorically speaking, but of course some of the MPs in there should be brought to justice for what is obviously being covered up, anyone that thinks otherwise just have their heads buried in the sand.

Edited by azda
  • Like 1

P.s, if i offended anyone else with my comment then my apologies, i have an opinion i'm afraid and rather not mince my words to much, being blunt and straight to the point is who i am.

I really like the design but don't like the shape.

A new coat of arms design?? Didn't realise there was one until I saw Shane's profile picture.

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/The_Royal_Arms_2015_United_Kingdom_1_pound_BU_Coin

Surely this should be the new £1 design - why both?

It's superior to the new design IMHO and incorporates Timothy Noad's Heraldic Beasts into the design which I've always liked.

Edit: Just realised that's because the new £1 design isn't for this year :rolleyes:

Edited by damian1986