British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

403 forbidden?

Can now access using my tablet and mifi, obviously couldn't a few minutes ago as it was running off my desktop router. With regard to my IP address, I think most are dynamic, but l've made a note of the one running at 9:22 and will PM Chris and Matt with it.

I've had 4 or 5 emails/messages from different people with the 403 error, I suppose it was an issue with the host as it seems everyone was having the same problem. As far as I can tell it should be OK now though?

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Just been blocked @ 9.22am - cannot access the site using either my desktop or tablet. Having to do this on my mobile. Message reads "Your IP address has been blocked from accessing this site. This is because of multiple failed log in attempts or suspicious activity" Not good.

Same now happening to me with same message as above

Can't access via wifi only via 4G on my mobile

I can now access via wifi so seems sorted for me now :)

Still the same for me. Can only access via my 4G mobile. Same 403 message on my other devices. Not sure why I'm still affected if others are now OK.

How are things now everyone? There were some IP addresses being blocked. They seem to have been added automatically, so I've removed them all now (and that were spammers have probably long since moved on to spamming somewhere else).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris Perkins said:

How are things now everyone? There were some IP addresses being blocked. They seem to have been added automatically, so I've removed them all now (and that were spammers have probably long since moved on to spamming somewhere else).

Spoke to Pete (PWA) he says his IP is still blocked and can't get on. Maybe others aren't replying because they also can't get on either

46 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Spoke to Pete (PWA) he says his IP is still blocked and can't get on. Maybe others aren't replying because they also can't get on either

I was in that position, but service is now restored. Couldn't get on to say I couldn't get on. Chickens and eggs spring to mind.

6 hours ago, Chris Perkins said:

Sorry to say Chris, I'm still blocked on both desktop via router and table via mifi. Only phone working.

Do you know what range of IP addresses you get assigned from your home connection?

Well mines sorted now :)

Glad my daughter is clever and not thick like me.

A few minutes on the phone to her clicking...this and that.

First time i have been able to get on since Saturday .

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Well mines sorted now :)

Glad my daughter is clever and not thick like me.

A few minutes on the phone to her clicking...this and that.

First time i have been able to get on since Saturday .

Welcome back :)

I found what I suspect was the reason behind my 403's (The F word in my sig)

However, after speaking to Christopher directly, and my ip being unbanned, I was still getting the 'banned ip' messages

Until I hit Ctrl & F5 together... even F5, refreshing and or closing then reopening the browser and clicking my favourite link didn't work... but holding Ctrl then pressing F5 clears the cache and forces a fresh load (Apparently)

• Like 1

When my daughter told me what to do it was.....

Clear browsing history.

By pressing together Ctrl & H together it brings up history.

Can possibly be caused by links etc that have been put on the forum recently......she thinks is a strong chance as to the reason.

I dont have a clue but who am i to argue ,it worked for me ;)

• Like 1

On 18/4/2016 at 7:22 PM, Nordle11 said:

What's the process? I.e you get the pop up form and enter the details but get the 403 when you click save or does it come up when you click edit profile?

Can you try clearing cache and cookies and try again (if you haven't already)?

I did mention cache clearing :rolleyes: although some others still had the problem after doing this.

It's like the age old rule of 'turn it off and on again', website problems are normally fixed by clearing the cache, history and cookies.

• Like 1

Yep, clearing my browsing history resolved the problem. Thanks guys :D  

as a bit of a follow-up to this... 

Is there any chance a mod/admin can add my web address to my profile and add the following to my signature too ??
Surprise surprise I get 403 Forbidden when I try and do it LOL

vv---Sig---vv

Webmaster of: The Fake Pound Coin Database

Sorry REDD, I just tried to add it for you but it also gives me the 403. @Chris Perkins not sure I can help with this one.

That was fiddly. Kept getting 403 errors too. I've managed to change the sig and your website URL.

lol.. Thanks Chris....
You've obviously got some good heavy duty word filters on here !! haha