British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

403 forbidden?

Does anyone have any ideas why I might be unable to access the forum through my wifi connection with WiFi Spark?

I can access the forum using my phone data on GPRS, but this means I can't view images (without the patient of a saint), and get booted off with 'you don't have access to forum on this server' if I switch to wifi!

I have an account with WiFi Spark who say it's not an issue with their service, and confirmed the forum route isn't blocked.

I use a router which is wired to an outside aerial.

My laptop also has the same error message when trying to connect to the forum via this wifi connection.

I've cleared the cache on my laptop ( a month), but no difference!

Any ideas?

Just to update this: Coinery wasn't ignored, in the end I was able to fix his problem and he's back on in full force.

Just to update this: Coinery wasn't ignored, in the end I was able to fix his problem and he's back on in full force.

Not ignored at all, couldn't have asked for more help. Learnt a couple of things about tracing IP addresses that I never knew before!

It was great to have my missing limb stitched back on again!

Cheers, Chris! :)

I've been getting the same error every time I try and edit my profile :/

I thought it might have been down to a naffy 4g dongle but i'm back home on a stable fibre line and still getting it.

It doesn't matter much at the moment but I'll need to change my website address soon (once I get some hosting) & won't be able to.

Any help ?

Could be a blocker of some sort? When you edit your profile it doesn't take you to a new page, it brings up a pop-up form to make changes in.

I tried to add my website over the weekend and also got 403.

What's the process? I.e you get the pop up form and enter the details but get the 403 when you click save or does it come up when you click edit profile?

Can you try clearing cache and cookies and try again (if you haven't already)?

It happens on click/edit. Cache & cookies cleared.

Can you check to see if any of your plug-ins are preventing you from seeing the pop-up? I can edit your profile from here which suggests it's either an IP issue or a plug-in issue, I've check both of your IP addresses and neither are blocked, including any recently used ones.

Both my IP addresses? I have two?

Everyone has lots of IP address. I meant I've checked both yours and REDD's IP addresses that you have used previously.

I've just disabled all my plugins except Chrome and tried again. 403

Just now, bagerap said:

I've just disabled all my plugins except Chrome and tried again. 403

Do you have another browser you can test it on? IE or Firefox?

Just tried Firefox. 403

Sorry bagerap I can't find any reason why it would be doing that. Chris managed to sort the issue out for Coinery, maybe when he comes along he will be able to do the same for you and REDD. It's strange that you can both access and post on the site but just the edit profile section isn't working, the 403 is a permission error so it's weird only one section isn't working. You all have permission to edit your profiles too. 

Sorry for seemingly ignoring you Nordle, but I went and got my ip temporarily blocked from the site for 'suspicious activity' ie signing in on 3 browsers within minutes trying to edit it... lol

I click edit profile, the pop-up pops up, I do my edits, then click Save, and them get bounced to the following page.

Interestingly I just tried on my iphone and got a pop-up which said "You are not allowed to edit this profile"

Turned off all my plug-ins etc.

eurgh.jpg

And that's what I'm getting too.

Got here by the Forum tag on the main Predecimal site - "all activity" & "unread Content" are giving error messages

Hmmm. I've just notified the website host man to see if he can shed any light.

13 hours ago, davidrj said:

Got here by the Forum tag on the main Predecimal site - "all activity" & "unread Content" are giving error messages

Error EX1146 by any chance?

All upgraded now. How is it? If 403's still happen I need to know and IP address of someone that experienced it and the exact time it happened so that we can check the logs. The hosts say it sounds like a false positive with one of the firewalls.

The 403 errors should no longer happen.

B****r. Missed out again. I didn't get one. :(

On 25/04/2016 at 9:14 AM, Chris Perkins said:

All upgraded now. How is it? If 403's still happen I need to know and IP address of someone that experienced it and the exact time it happened so that we can check the logs. The hosts say it sounds like a false positive with one of the firewalls.

Just been blocked @ 9.22am - cannot access the site using either my desktop or tablet. Having to do this on my mobile. Message reads "Your IP address has been blocked from accessing this site. This is because of multiple failed log in attempts or suspicious activity" Not good.