British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Danelaw

Civil War Pound.

No but i know the young auctioneer there, and he sent me the pictures when it was consigned a few months back. Its gave me just enough time to re mortgage the house haha

When is their catalogue due out? They're leaving it a bit late in the day if the auction is on the 12th

Not too sure i would guess by the end of the week. I agree its very late in the day to release the catalogue.

I think the old lady gave it a little bit of a clean some time ago... Verdigris on reverse little suspect...

Does anyone know how much the Middleton/Ryan/Bullmore piece sold for off Roddy's last list? Just wondering as this isn't the same as an auction.

I think that was for sale at about £40,000

Looks like we all underestimated this one ...... Its just sold for £46,000 Hammer :mellow:

Dukes estimates are strange (and wide)

Talk about hedging your bets

There's a lot better out there without double striking smacking you in the face

No gloves on those grimy paws - and depositing body oils on a £50K coin! :angry:

This coin was probably my favourite ever to handle for sale. There was something about it I loved. Probably the story that went with it, and just the fact that it was pulled out of a purse wrapped in tissue paper! A bit like metal detecting I suppose, you get enjoyment out of being the first person to really appreciate it in a long time (although this coin only about 50 years).