British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

richtips86

Dot to Dot 10p

Hi All, as the title suggests, I'm after one of the these if anyone has any to spare, obviously, the nicer the grade the better.

Sorry, can't remember what dot to dot refers to - a clue would be good.

All 10 pences have a beaded circle of dots inside the rim which can be joined using a fine pen. The larger, old style coins are easier to work with. Here's one I did earlier. :)

post-381-0-18189100-1424517181_thumb.jpg

• Haha 1

Hi rob, it's where the 1 in 10 is aligned with a dot, as is the L and I in Elizabeth on 1992 10p pieces with a broader rim as opposed to a wire rim.

Thanks

Richard

Would'nt that the be centre of 1 pointing to a bead? Dot 2 dot sounds obscure

Sorry Richard, only 10 to gap.

I've sent you an email.

Would'nt that the be centre of 1 pointing to a bead? Dot 2 dot sounds obscure

Good point, I was typing in haste whilst in the queue at Costa and wasn't really thinking.

Thanks Rob, have just sent payment! Very excited now. ?

Anyone? Still searching in change without joy and the 'old' 10p are getting more scarce as they're being replaced with the new alloy.

Sorry - not being in the UK I don't come across any old 10p coins - but have you tried going to your bank and asking for bags of 10p coins to look through? I've found it certainly speeds things up and it has the added bonus of giving you some decent statistics if you're so inclined.

On 08/01/2016 at 10:12 PM, richtips86 said:

Anyone? Still searching in change without joy and the 'old' 10p are getting more scarce as they're being replaced with the new alloy.

I do have a spare one somewhere, but from memory the condition is what I could only describe as 'average circulated.'

• Like 1

I have been searching for a while. Not sure how many 1992 10p I have looked at now. Must be a fair few!!!!! Still no luck.

Edited by bhx7

On 8 January 2016 at 11:08 PM, Mr T said:

Sorry - not being in the UK I don't come across any old 10p coins - but have you tried going to your bank and asking for bags of 10p coins to look through? I've found it certainly speeds things up and it has the added bonus of giving you some decent statistics if you're so inclined.

Yes regularly, and it's getting harder to find 'old' 10p pieces in bags now, let alone 1992. Last time I got £50 worth, walked home with them in my pockets without checking there and then weighing down my jacket, only to find they were all newly minted 2015s!!!

• Like 2

I have started putting all the older decimal coinage I get in my change to one side. At the rate the RM is melting it down there will be very little varieties left from circulation!

If anyone has a nice example of the Dot to Dot 1992 10p I am interested. Thanks.

On 1/14/2016 at 8:41 PM, richtips86 said:

Yes regularly, and it's getting harder to find 'old' 10p pieces in bags now, let alone 1992. Last time I got £50 worth, walked home with them in my pockets without checking there and then weighing down my jacket, only to find they were all newly minted 2015s!!!

Sorry rich but that made me smile :D:D

46 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Sorry rich but that made me smile :D:D

Totally with you there, although there was much cursing and swearing at the time!!

Is there a picture available so I can compare, also are we saying if the L and I line up also then it is an example of one of these 10p?

Does this help?

10p.png.419230918ff57a251f6defac0df04a5b

• Like 1

Indeed it does, thank you Nuts. A picture paints a thousand words.

I was surprised how many 1992 10p I had in the change jar, it must have been a popular year.

unfortunatly no dot to dot version but I did find 4 B+B types, the rest are A+A

its a wild night in my house tonight, the wife is out so decided to sift through the change, now that's done I am reorganising the coin album. She probably thinks I am up to no good, bless her.:wub:

• Like 2

Did you check your edges too?

56e47b163cb02_10p2.png.d5deae16c23e08206

• Like 1

That's the rest of my evening taken care of then:)

the 4 B+B have a flat edge as per your previous message, the rest of the coin jar has just been poured back over the dining room table so I can re-find the other ones and check them out.

As long as it's all cleared away before she comes back home, she will never know what I have been up to. I will probably leave a few empty beer cans laying around along with an empty crisp packet just to make her feel better about going out and leaving me to fend for myself tonight.

• Like 2

If anyone is still looking for these I have an example of both reverses with dot to L

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

If anyone is still looking for these I have an example of both reverses with dot to L

Hi Rob, I would be interested in the dot to dot veriaty. Cheers

I've sent you a message.

Thanks Rob. Got the Dot to Dot today. Brilliant coin along with the others. Appreciate it.

Cheers

Brian

On 6/13/2017 at 10:51 AM, Rob said:

What is the final price for the coins?