British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
SALOP10

George 1V Gold Sovereign

Hi

Can anyone who specializes in Sovereigns tell me what grade and value the coin has, been in collection over 20 years

cheers PHIL

post-8666-0-23668400-1424504641_thumb.jp

post-8666-0-43714900-1424504652_thumb.jp

i'm no expert but it is the rarer of the 2 1825's.

I would suggest VF CCGB 2015 values this at £2.5k.

Note I would need to examine it in hand because F = £1.2k and EF = £4.5k so it will be between these figures and grade.

Nice coin and rare.

It's an 1823 Peter! Perhaps rarer than the rarer 1825 - Spink values it at VF 2,500 and EF £7,000.

I would also say around VF based on the pics, but there is a big difference in value between NVF and GVF

It's an 1823 Peter! Perhaps rarer than the rarer 1825 - Spink values it at VF 2,500 and EF £7,000.

I would also say around VF based on the pics, but there is a big difference in value between NVF and GVF

It my eyes :unsure:

However CCGB2015 prices the 1823 identical to the rarer 1825.So my comments/notes apply :rolleyes:

I prefer CCGB's pricing over Spink.

Chris is right on the pace in my eyes.

Another good source is London coins completed auction prices.You can also compare the pictures.

I broadly agree with Paulus, around VF but warrants a closer look.

Some parts of the obverse look VF+ but some others not so sure.