British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

Goldbergs Auctions problems

I had the BT person check all the settings and he also tried with IE, but that gave the same results.

I would suggest contacting your isp and provide them with the details....

try logging in somewhere else with a different isp and see if you can connect then....

I had the same issue with DNW several

years ago... worked with one isp but not another.... they needed to correct the problem.... also let Goldbergs IT dept know and ask them to contact your isp also...

If I remember correctly, I WAS able to load DNW on the non-working isp if I loaded the website through an "anonymizer" , an anonymous browsing program.. I'm on my cell phone now, but if you do a google search for that sort of software, use it, and are then able to load goldbergs, then I would be fairly certain that the problem is not with your computer but rather with your isp not recognizing the domain..

I have the same problem with BT,if you search for "images. goldberg auctions" you can see the catalogues come up as php/auctions.php auctions in the search Under "auction - goldberg coin and collectibles"

I can go into the site however I cannot view Goldbergs home page (never tried the sign in so unsure about that).

Hope this helps for the next time,sorry I didn't see the thread earlier.

I wanted to find the Goldberg's Live bidding page, but couldn't do so. Any way in would have been acceptable but it was not to be.

Funny how I gave up on that too some while ago. Glenn Onishi there can sometimes help out.

4 months on and nothing's changed. :(

Why, why, why, why, why? The unhelpful oppo at the other end just said it works for everyone else, so must be your fault. Type in www.goldbergcoins.com/view-auctions/sales and it allegedly gets me to their auction. Great. I can't access the site or even the home page, let alone bid. Another unhelpful business model which doesn't appreciate custom.

Good job there are plenty of alternative places to spend your money. Pity though, given there's a Benediction hand Ethelred penny in the sale. :(

Its not just you rob as i also could not log on.

Good, so I'm not the only one. It isn't just not being able to log on that is my problem. My computer can't find www.goldbergcoins.com. i.e the website. I wish it was as simple as a login problem as they would probably be more helpful.

Thankfully, Goldbergs is the only auction site this has happened - which also suggests it isn't necesarily my computer.

Question for anybody. To eliminate my computer, is it possible for a computer to block access to a site and give the site not found page?

I would expect a message saying access denied rather than can't find site, should this be the case.

I'm also using Firefox, which I have had for a long time and has worked in the past.

Try downloading Google Chrome as your browser, I have had various problems with various sites and Chrome seems to work everywhere. Only a thought.

Just another thought - have you deleted your browsing history because it may be looking for a cached page which has expired - forgive me if this is to basic but a lot of people who look at items I upload have this problem.

Just another thought - have you deleted your browsing history because it may be looking for a cached page which has expired - forgive me if this is to basic but a lot of people who look at items I upload have this problem.

Thanks. Nothing is too basic at my level of understanding. Not sure how to do the above, so I'll ask my son to get Chrome and disable Firefox and do anything else that might help.

I can confirm that accessing this site with Google Chrome works just fine for me, is it lot 3783 that's sparked your interest Rob?

Also, a little U.S. centric Mr Goldberg - what exactly is a start time of 10.00 AM PDT?

I assume 10.00 am Los Angeles time?

I can confirm that accessing this site with Google Chrome works just fine for me, is it lot 3783 that's sparked your interest Rob?

That and others. :(

Also, a little U.S. centric Mr Goldberg - what exactly is a start time of 10.00 AM PDT?

Yep. That's 10pm UK time, but the British are 300 lots in. No idea what that is in Oz time

Yep. That's 10pm UK time, but the British are 300 lots in. No idea what that is in Oz time

Actually PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) is 8 hours behind British Summer Time, which would indicate a start of 6pm UK time.

Melbourne is currently 9 hours ahead of UK time, so that would be a 3am start tomorrow for Nicholas (I believe)

10am is the ancients. World Coins and minors doesn't start until 2pm Pacific time. i.e. 10pm.

I notice they have another mis-attributed mule farthing encased in that sale Lot 3878 :ph34r:

10am is the ancients. World Coins and minors doesn't start until 2pm Pacific time. i.e. 10pm.

Oh, ok, thanks

See this time things needs to be simpler if you want to run a global auction Mr Goldberg...

Looks like 3am Melbourne. Great. 300 lots, 3-4 hours into it

PROGRESS!!!!

My son has downloaded Chrome to add to the confusion (3 search engines :huh: ). However, using images.goldbergauctions.com/php/auctions.php now brings up the catalogue. :) Somewhat disconcertingly, he also ran some program called CC Cleaner which has removed about 7Gb of files, so God knows what won't work now. :( I know I had to log in to this forum for a start, whereas it usually works automatically ok. Bloody technology.

Still doesn't work with www.goldbergcoins.com though

Edited by Rob

CC cleaner is an amazing piece of kit, recommended

Still can't see any Bid Live link. Anyone familiar with it. When I was last able to bid nearly 2 years ago, I vaguely recall there was a live bid link - can't find it. Also, although the auctions and account have drop down menus, alll the other tabs on the top just say page not found, so I suspect we aren't out of the woods yet. God I'm depressed.

Nil desperandum Rob, still many hours to go!

This is how it will look when you finally get through, with a 'Login to bid' button next to each lot:

GoldbergCoins%20Auctions_zpsewd6optl.png