British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

Goldbergs Auctions problems

We have more progress. :)

My son has configured something so that the DNS? is now pointing to BT and Google whatever that means. Something about the BT IP blocking some sites, which in this case he thought it might be conflicting with 'The Goldbergs' - something about stopping piracy, though why anyone would want to pirate that or worse still watch it is beyond me. Good news is that I can now log in and place bids.

Thanks to all for putting up with my stupid questions. :)

It's not a great web site design rob.

Ha ha, yes, pirate a crappy web site. I have used phone bidding in the past, not always with success even at that even. But they occasionally get some decent coins being in an huge metropolitan area like Los Angeles (20 mill. plus people with over 300 cities "overrun").

The matte 20th C. pieces are going through the roof IMO & would have been interested but effectively blown out by the prices so far reached...

Might still be a piece or two to venture out on, but quite an adventure as young Rob has been finding out...

Goldbergs occupies a special place in my heart as despite knowing cock all about exonumia, they insist on trying to sell it. I wish I'd kept a log of their better descriptions, still they've let me buy some blinding stuff in the past. Kept me in decent port anyway.

I notice they have another mis-attributed mule farthing encased in that sale Lot 3878 :ph34r:

It's a mule between a left facing bust die and a right facing die. What's wrong with that?

7 or $800 all in for a coin worth a fiver seems a heavy price to pay for relying on the TPG. Only question is, will it be returned as a wrong un? Check the September catalogue to find out.

The 1927 matte crown went 25k USD plus the juice! Yikes....I thought the 1827 shilling was a decent buy at 1250 USD, but not mine....