British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

Collectors Coins Great Brit. 2015

1861 B/R halfpenny isn't it? Is there also an 1862 B/R?!

Looking forward to the EPub version becoming available.

Virtual drinking? :blink:

I'm driving :ph34r:

:lol:

1861 B/R halfpenny isn't it? Is there also an 1862 B/R?!

yup there is a B over R 1862 halfpenny been 2 posted on here from last year.

Bought it :)

Fantastic. You buy something, and Amazon says "Thanks XXXX!" And there's a button saying "View summary of order". So, having just bought the book, you click the View Summary button ... and ... you have to sign in!! Pardon me? How did I just buy the book (which you thanked me by name for) if I wasn't already signed in???????????

• Like 1

Oh, I missed the 1862 R/B. I'll include it next time.

The epub version is now available from the green epub link above (etc) or from here: http://mydgs.co/ERkjhz

Oh, I missed the 1862 R/B. I'll include it next time.

The epub version is now available from the green epub link above (etc) or from here: http://mydgs.co/ERkjhz

I just sent you a PM. :(

The 1861 is an R/B...

The 1862 is a B/R ...

similar to the1862 B/R penny...

Edited by Bronze & Copper Collector
  • Like 1

Excellent book Chris.

George 11 next ;)

We were just discussing the 1841 penny on another thread, comparing your CCGB price against spink and Tony Claytons site in UNC, yours seems a bit low, both have it at £500, your price £200

£500 bit on the high side isn't it? £500 in BU could be about right (Spink copper UNC prices are BU I think). But you're right, I think £200 could be on the low side for a nice UNC.

Probably need to check some realised prices for the higher end stuff this year as they always fly in UNC grades

Nice coin, practically full lustre.

So spink seem about right at £500, although £450 would be spot on

I really like CCGB. I think some of the prices are on the low side, certainly in comparison to Spink and the Token book which forms the basis of Tony Clayton's site I believe. However the mintages are useful as are the interesting bibs and bobs thrown in for discussion.

It is refreshingly down to earth. Love the fact that I can get it on my iPad and my phone, something I can't do in February 2015 with Spink.

Pleased to see it now goes back further. Chris I for one hope you take it back even further.

The other thing is it, along with the standard grading book, is that they are sensibly priced. I don't have to talk myself into buying it. Long may it continue to be published.

Mark

£500 bit on the high side isn't it? £500 in BU could be about right (Spink copper UNC prices are BU I think). But you're right, I think £200 could be on the low side for a nice UNC.

That's almost word for word what I said to Dave - your CCGB price is for mere UNC, while Spink have always made a point of saying their copper values are for full BU specimens. Perhaps £250 UNC and £400-450 BU?

Question on published weights for sixpences. In CCGB you list the weights for Victoria Jubilee Head at 3.01 grams. When I weigh my coins, I am seeing 2.84g +/- 0.01g.

Where do the weights come from and how comfortable are you that they are accurate?

I wonder if the weight for earlier (pre-1816) sixpences (3.01g) has simply been given in error for Victoria? The correct weights are stated for George III to William IV sixpences ...  

I believe the correct weight for Victoria sixpences should be 2.83g

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 1

P is right. At the 1816 recoinage the weight was reduced from 3.01g to 2.83g. That weight stayed the same until the end.

• Like 1

Outstanding info from both of you. That is really helpful.

On 12/31/2015 at 5:16 AM, jaggy said:

Question on published weights for sixpences. In CCGB you list the weights for Victoria Jubilee Head at 3.01 grams. When I weigh my coins, I am seeing 2.84g +/- 0.01g.

Where do the weights come from and how comfortable are you that they are accurate?

That's a pretty accurate set of scales you've got. +/_ 10 mg.  Where do you get one?

On 10/8/2019 at 6:05 PM, ozjohn said:

That's a pretty accurate set of scales you've got. +/_ 10 mg.  Where do you get one?

I got mine on Amazon