British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Thanks Rob. Unfortunately the issue for me is that I have to use an iPad, so I don’t have Paint, but I have got a resizing app so will have a tinker with that and see if I can get it to do anything...

Soph.

Trying a different way :)

Oooo does it show?! :D Fab. My initial interpretation of a spreadsheet...I’m sure it will change!

lol.

Soph.

(It was showing, but now I’ve posted it’s gone. It says it’s not available for my account...what am I doing wrong? ?)

Edited by SophieCat

Hi Sophie,

Because you are using an iPad you may have to download something from the App Store that will help you resize your photos you should then be able download them onto your post by selecting the " click to choose file " tab. Sorry don't know what would be best for this but maybe someone can recommend something.

Another way of getting pictures on here is to save them to something like Flickr or some other hosting site and then cutting and pasting the URL using the 

"Insert other media" tab.

Hope that makes sense

Ian

Edited by IanB

Sorry Sophie, I should have read your previous post a bit better, I see you already have a resizing app. Hopefully that will work for you.

what size are you managing to get the pictures down to?

It's very frustrating. I downloaded an image (Google) on iPad, then used the free Resize app to reduce it to 800x800.

However, when I try to upload it (on iPad) I get the message that I'm only allowed to upload 500kb - but I can't see how big the file is!! Only that it's 800x800.

I do hope you find a solution to this. I'm disabled too, but I use a Mac for most activities, and don't have any problems uploading to this site.

30 minutes ago, Peckris said:

It's very frustrating. I downloaded an image (Google) on iPad, then used the free Resize app to reduce it to 800x800.

However, when I try to upload it (on iPad) I get the message that I'm only allowed to upload 500kb - but I can't see how big the file is!! Only that it's 800x800.

I do hope you find a solution to this. I'm disabled too, but I use a Mac for most activities, and don't have any problems uploading to this site.

There is a way to reduce the kb size but still keeping the image 800x800 when you get the option to save save @ 95% even though it is 5% and doesn't really affect your pic quality the KB size is reduced by some margin my pic @ 800x800 was 463 kb when saved @ 95% it reduced the kb to 262 kb. So a tiny loss in detail if any means you can keep a large picture and a low upload size. :) plus save as .jpg as .png and bitmap images are far larger

Edited by zookeeperz

14 hours ago, SophieCat said:

Trying a different way :)

Oooo does it show?! :D Fab. My initial interpretation of a spreadsheet...I’m sure it will change!

lol.

Soph.

(It was showing, but now I’ve posted it’s gone. It says it’s not available for my account...what am I doing wrong? ?)

If you use any kind of formatting the site will not allow the post. You will be given an option to remove formatting and then it will post as normal

27 minutes ago, zookeeperz said:

There is a way to reduce the kb size but still keeping the image 800x800 when you get the option to save save @ 95% even though it is 5% and doesn't really affect your pic quality the KB size is reduced by some margin my pic @ 800x800 was 463 kb when saved @ 95% it reduced the kb to 262 kb. So a tiny loss in detail if any means you can keep a large picture and a low upload size. :) plus save as .jpg as .png and bitmap images are far larger

I can do all that and more on a Mac, but cannot see a way to do it on iPad.

Thanks Peckris. I’ll keep trying...? very frustrating!

Sophie.

C4C31C87-939D-4642-A308-9B0FFD7DCA16.jpeg

Ahhh that worked! A screenshot clipped down to tiny size...hmm...

Sophie :)