British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Is anyone else having to sign-in every time they view?

I'm using the forum software on an iphone, which would normally stay logged on with the tick box checked!

I've noticed the software is slightly different, colours etc., and just wanted to rule this out before throwing my phone into the canal!

No problem here with aye phone and aye pad

No problem with the forum. I have noticed elsewhere that eBay keeps asking me to run "Silverlight" when logging in though. I've ignored it and everything seems to work ok.

Stuart,

What model is your I phone? May not be the phone. Could be we need another update with Isos 8.

Mark

I think it's a 5? It says model A1507 on the back! It's the model preceding the very latest one! Can't believe I can't categorically say which model I have? ?

Well I'm the same as far as models are concerned. However it is relatively new so may not be the problem. ISO 8 still has problems. Have you just updated the latest software and did the problem start then?

Mark

Well I'm the same as far as models are concerned. However it is relatively new so may not be the problem. ISO 8 still has problems. Have you just updated the latest software and did the problem start then?

Mark

Now I come to think of it, it started after a hard refresh (both button shut down).

It damned annoying, I know that! Grrr!

My guess is that's the problem. When I open my emails on my IPad it invariably crashes, always opens second time. This started after the last update.

Should be another update soon.

My IPad is now in its fourth year, phone well into third year. Apple seem to have longevity built in judging by Macs. However ageing hardware and newer software may be a problem.

Kind regards

Mark

My guess is that's the problem. When I open my emails on my IPad it invariably crashes, always opens second time. This started after the last update.

Should be another update soon.

My IPad is now in its fourth year, phone well into third year. Apple seem to have longevity built in judging by Macs. However ageing hardware and newer software may be a problem.

Kind regards

Mark

Cheers, Mark, many thanks!

Bring on the updates! :)

Also, don't rule out the forum software - whichever browser I use in my main user account, this forum and another powered by the same software, have fairly recently developed an 'attack of the scrollbars'. The annoying thing is that they are both vertical and horizontal, but only there for the tiniest amount of scroll. Widening the page makes no difference, the bars go with it. It's the same with Firefox and Chrome too, but they're not there in another user account.

I've had both mine updated to IOS8.1 or whatever and no problems with login, i have the aye phone 5S 64 gig thingy

Also, don't rule out the forum software - whichever browser I use in my main user account, this forum and another powered by the same software, have fairly recently developed an 'attack of the scrollbars'. The annoying thing is that they are both vertical and horizontal, but only there for the tiniest amount of scroll. Widening the page makes no difference, the bars go with it. It's the same with Firefox and Chrome too, but they're not there in another user account.

Yes, I've had that too!

Yes, I've had that too!

Phew! It's not just me then...

Do you mean where the page loads and then a second later drops down a cm or so? If so, I get that too sometimes.

Do you mean where the page loads and then a second later drops down a cm or so? If so, I get that too sometimes.

No, it's where every post in every thread is festooned in blue border aka scroll bars.

Yay, sussed it! Only just realised I've been browsing in 'private' mode which, apparently, doesn't retain sign-in info. It's a button on the bottom of the browser screen which I'd inadvertently hit without realising! :rolleyes: