British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

Help for the digitally challenged please

My Adblock icon has reappeared without me doing anything, suggesting that FF have fixed this using old settings. Hopefully due to a peasant revolt.

• Like 1

Mozilla realised that their signing check in the new update invalidated pretty much every addon for 48 hours, so thay applied a fix sometime about 2pm GMT yesterday.

I realised how much I hate the internet without Adblock :)

On 5/8/2019 at 9:54 PM, Unwilling Numismatist said:

Mozilla realised that their signing check in the new update invalidated pretty much every addon for 48 hours, so thay applied a fix sometime about 2pm GMT yesterday.

I realised how much I hate the internet without Adblock :)

Indeed. The lack of it slows so many sites down to a crawl while we wait for endless ads to fully load. 

Doesn't stop the bloody annoying videos about nothing in particular that start up automatically, and then follow you down the page!!!

GGGGRRRRR.........

For that, look for a content blocker and then check out how to stop the videos even loading :)

56 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

For that, look for a content blocker and then check out how to stop the videos even loading :)

Please explain more in terms that Rob would understand. :)

it has good instructions but you need to be a bit techy.

I'll convert them all to laymans terms when I get some time, it will be scary but it isn't actually hard.

24 minutes ago, Unwilling Numismatist said:

it has good instructions but you need to be a bit techy.

I'll convert them all to laymans terms when I get some time, it will be scary but it isn't actually hard.

I'm not a bit techy. I use Chrome. But those videos are so damned irritating. :angry:

Problem sorted

Edited by Rob

I've screwed something up somewhere. The top bar with the close cross only appears when the cursor goes off the top of the screen, and the bottom bar is permanently awol. Ideas please.

Forget it, seems to have cleared itself by closing the program and restarting.

Edited by Rob

6 hours ago, Rob said:

I've screwed something up somewhere. The top bar with the close cross only appears when the cursor goes off the top of the screen, and the bottom bar is permanently awol. Ideas please.

Forget it, seems to have cleared itself by closing the program and restarting.

I wish the other problem - Condensed listing - would get fixed. 😠

CHRIS, ARE YOU THERE???

I've screwed up my Microsoft Office inbox and have lost the spam folder. Tried to move a useful message to my inbox by dragging the spam folder to it and now the spam folder has disappeared. I'd like to reinstate it if possible due to the large number of useful things that end up in spam, otherwise I don't know where they will end up. I tried turning off and restarting but doesn't solve it. Ideas anyone on how to recreate a spam folder? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I've screwed up my Microsoft Office inbox and have lost the spam folder. Tried to move a useful message to my inbox by dragging the spam folder to it and now the spam folder has disappeared. I'd like to reinstate it if possible due to the large number of useful things that end up in spam, otherwise I don't know where they will end up. I tried turning off and restarting but doesn't solve it. Ideas anyone on how to recreate a spam folder? Thanks.

A long shot, but take a look and see if the spam/junk folder has been dragged to the inbox and is now a subfolder of the inbox.

In that instance, you would probably (hopefully) be able to reverse the process and just drag the folder to where you want it to be.

Or, alternatively, try searching for the missing folder and see if appears elsewhere among your other folders...

It happens to me occasionally too...

Edited by Bronze & Copper Collector

Tried the first which is a no. Nor is it in any other folders. Searching for spam in the search box just brings up Bing and web search results. I used to have a spam folder and a junk email folder. How they were assigned to one or the other I don't know. Whatever, spam isn't in junk.

If it happens to you, how do you get it back again?

I am not sure if this helps: The only folder that Outlook automatically includes for unwanted emails is the "junk" folder, and all Microsoft's automatic rules send spam emails to that. If you had a "Spam" folder, it sounds as if this was something you or someone else created and had home-written rules to send emails from particular sources to that. Was there any particular type of email that ended up there?

If this is all correct then you can either allow the "junk" folder to continue to handle things, or you can create a new "spam" folder and create rules to send things to it.

The spam folder contains things that 1&1 (which hosts my website email address) identifies as spam. How it got there in the first place will probably be known to my son, but there isn't a very good mobile signal in the middle of the North Sea, so will have to wait until he is back in contact.

I've no idea how to create a new folder in outlook (right click doesn't do it), nor create rules for what goes into a particular folder.

I do know that there is something new in the spam folder if I log into 1&1 and that hasn't appeared in the junk folder of outlook, so must have been sent somewhere else - which is what I was fearing.

Not helping Rob, but an observation anyway - I really don't know why they bother with having separate spam or junk mail boxes, as there is clearly no intelligence behind what goes in there. It seems to be totally random. Many's the time I've found absolutely valid and legit e mails in junk, and unwanted rubbish in the ordinary in box.

Be better to just have one in box, with a bin to click at the end of each e mail subject line if you want to get rid of it. In other words, the users themselves decide what is and what is not for deletion.    

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

The spam folder contains things that 1&1 (which hosts my website email address) identifies as spam. How it got there in the first place will probably be known to my son, but there isn't a very good mobile signal in the middle of the North Sea, so will have to wait until he is back in contact.

I've no idea how to create a new folder in outlook (right click doesn't do it), nor create rules for what goes into a particular folder.

I do know that there is something new in the spam folder if I log into 1&1 and that hasn't appeared in the junk folder of outlook, so must have been sent somewhere else - which is what I was fearing.

On my outlook (which probably won't help you, as experience has taught me that every single solitary example, seems to be slightly different) there is a line in green which says "new folder". You click on it and it reveals an empty box. You then type in what you want to call it, and it stays there. Obviously the intended target won't drop in there. You have to manually put it there.   

Another thought, look in the deleted folder to see if your spam folder was accidentally deleted.

I sometimes hit delete instead of rename, or paste instead of copy.. and then go bonkers trying to find the file...

It sounds as if 1&1 created the folder for you - I don't use them, so I  am not sure how this works. If you have a log in to an account with them, maybe there is something in there that will allow you to re-create it?

Google seems to think 1&1 is the same as Ionos and gives this help page for creating Spam filter:

https://www.ionos.co.uk/help/email/setting-up-mail-business/activate-or-deactivate-anti-spam-for-your-company-name-email-address/

Thanks all.

The spam filter is applied in 1&1 and I received a message which was put in it an hour ago, so that side works. It doesn't appear in my mail though, so iIt has to be the outlook side of things that needs to be reinstated, but whether they will let me create one now I have no idea. I've had a spam box as long as I can remember - long before using Windows 10.