British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Oli

Are these things authorised?

Browsing USA coins on eBay I came across this monstrosity. Which mint makes this trash? From a numismatical point of view, the colourisation looks rubbish and the engraving is lacking, but from a normal point of view the motto "Let's Roll" just seems to make the event seem like some kind of movie and cheapens the whole thing immensely.

b1_1_b.JPG

That is horrible isn't it. And also the 'Lets Roll' could really be taken in a right wing way.

To me it sometimes looks like life in America is just one big long movie anyway!

9/11 was the biggest single loss of US lives outside of a warzone, but all this commemorative crap that's coming after it is in danger of doing the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do, and actually trivialise the whole event. (although everyone knows it only supposed to make money)

To be honest I've had it up to my ears hearing about those 'brave' victims and all the American patriotic crap that I'm sick of the bloody thing now and I'd almost forgotten that there actually were poor innocent victims that had lost their lives!

It makes it look like 9/11 was all just a big money making exercise!!