British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
TomGoodheart

Android emulator for Windows 7?

Anyone recommend a way to run Android apps on Win 7?

There seem to be a few about (like BlueStacks?) but I'm not sure which are safe to download and will allow simple games to run.

Cheers!

Whoever replies may also have the key to how you run iOS apps in OS X ?

Anyone recommend a way to run Android apps on Win 7?

There seem to be a few about (like BlueStacks?) but I'm not sure which are safe to download and will allow simple games to run.

Cheers!

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html contains the official Android emulator I believe but it looks to be mostly geared towards people making their own apps so you might need a bit of know-how to do what you want.

There is an iOS emulator that comes with XCode I believe but I'm not sure if you can run apps that you haven't created yourself with it. Android apps are just files with the extension .apk and I think can be loaded in the Android emulator without too much trouble but iOS apps I think are an apparently meaningless collection of files that aren't conveniently bundled together and aren't really designed to be handled outside of iTunes. But I don't have a Mac so I'm not entirely sure.

There is an iOS emulator that comes with XCode I believe but I'm not sure if you can run apps that you haven't created yourself with it. Android apps are just files with the extension .apk and I think can be loaded in the Android emulator without too much trouble but iOS apps I think are an apparently meaningless collection of files that aren't conveniently bundled together and aren't really designed to be handled outside of iTunes. But I don't have a Mac so I'm not entirely sure.

Sadly, I think you're right. I have a yen to play Plants versus Zombies 2, which comes in all flavours - iOS included - but not Mac. :(

Sadly, I think you're right. I have a yen to play Plants versus Zombies 2, which comes in all flavours - iOS included - but not Mac. :(

Eternity Warriors III for me on my Windows 7 laptop. But I think I'll just wait until I get my new phone ..

:)

God i hate windows 7

Hm, I hadn't considered it before but I don't know how the emulator accepts touch - presumably with the mouse but it might be a bit of nuisance doing things that way.

I heard someone recently talking about an Android emulator - DroidX or something like that which apparently supports loading apps from your computer. The discussion concerned a Mac version but maybe there's a Windows version?