British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Peter

10 years and Happy Xmas

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Anyone beat 03:50 for a Christmas Day start?

Oh, man, kids! :)

Presumably Santa has difficulty getting down the chimney on a barge? And certainly struggled to find a place to hide things.
We have TWO chimneys, but I'll grant you they're a bit of a squeeze for the big fella! :D

Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm doing roast potatoes today (for the first time!) and Yorkshire puddings, for the German side. They've never had roast potatoes before.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm doing roast potatoes today (for the first time!) and Yorkshire puddings, for the German side. They've never had roast potatoes before.

Lol, i get those requested every year. Cook them in goose fat

Par boil the potatoes and rough them up before you put them into hot fat.

You will get crispy outsides and a fluffy center.

Couple of whole cloves of garlic, a sprig of rosemary, and a good grate of salt and pepper! ;)

They turned out ok. Only had sunflower oil. The Yorkshires weren't so good, they looked great but sunk and were still a bit doughy at the bottom.

They turned out ok. Only had sunflower oil. The Yorkshires weren't so good, they looked great but sunk and were still a bit doughy at the bottom.

That's ok. They won't notice. It's a well known fact that the Germans don't have a sense of gourmet... :D

We use olive oil...sunflower is perfectly good! No point in giving yourself a coronary for the sake of a humble spud?

Save a goose, why not? ;)

A very Merry Christmas to one and all on this great forum.

Chris the goose fat makes them nice and crispy, you also may have used the wrong flour for the yorkshires, my brother sent me a packet yorkshire pud mix, have'nt tried it yet though but that was probably why the did'nt rise and were doughy.

Can we start a cookery forum? :D

I follow Delia Smiths recipe and use fresh free range eggs and quality plain flower.

The Yorkshire pud tin with the fat in should be smoking when you put the mixture in.

There are also Aunt Bessies which are fine for a quick fix.

I used chipshop batter (from the UK) which is wheat flour with a raising agent. The only 'tin' we had was a silicon one and the fat was hot but the silicon obviously doesn't have the same properties as metal - in saying that we have managed to make good Yorkshire's in it before, from ready-mix Aunt Bessies so perhaps they just needed longer.

Opening soon, the predecimal cookery forum :D

King Edwards are the best potatoes! ;)

That's because the hair is quite shallow :D