British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

colonialjohn

Contemporary Counterfeits (British,Ireland & Scotland)

Doing a new book and looking for information on contemporary counterfeits but not on English or Irish Halfpence of George II/III.

Between 1500-1800 only.

Send photos and information.

John Lorenzo

Numismatist

United States

From my 1000 coin database I can give recommendations also ...

johnmenc@optonline.net

John Lorenzo

Numsiatist

United States

My main interest is in the first part of the 19 Ct. but I do have a few scans which may be of interest - will get in touch.

Much appreciated. Most of my counterfeits from World are Spain, France and Great Britain. But have a few others - once you get past 1800 the UK types are common but your overview was indeed impressive. I plan to include your type in the book. Its different. One other collector has supplied some CC gold wash guineas ... Poulsen from Denmark. These appear to be Hg amalgam gold washes over debased alloys of copper or low Zn brass types.

I know for years the British in SNC & BNJ's have written articles of CCs. I can use scans of these notices for this period to correct or add to in these papers.

John Lorenzo

Numismatist

United States

OK. See my current E-mail. Keep in touch.

Soon I will check my World Reference CC Collection and report back information on your scans if these piece are in my collection.

JPL

Poulsen is also me ;)

You're from Denmark? I never knew that.

Yes - Zealand, on the outskirts of Copenhagen - I would probably never had a chance to collect British counterfeits if it wasn't for the internet (eBay).

Yes - Zealand, on the outskirts of Copenhagen - I would probably never had a chance to collect British counterfeits if it wasn't for the internet (eBay).

Are you Danish Danish, or an ex-pat Brit?

Danish - However my older sister (now deceased) lived and worked in Manchester and London (Barkingside) for a number of years back in the 1980/90s where I sometimes visited her for a week or two during the summer. Remember going to a small market (think it was on The Strand?) sort of a hole in the wall, where a number of dealers were selling postage stamps and probably also coins etc. - it was a good place to find Cinderellas (poster and revenue stamps) which I collected back then.

Danish - However my older sister (now deceased) lived and worked in Manchester and London (Barkingside) for a number of years back in the 1980/90s where I sometimes visited her for a week or two during the summer. Remember going to a small market (think it was on The Strand?) sort of a hole in the wall, where a number of dealers were selling postage stamps and probably also coins etc. - it was a good place to find Cinderellas (poster and revenue stamps) which I collected back then.

Wow. Your English is so good I would never ever have guessed it isn't your first language.

Wow. Your English is so good I would never ever have guessed it isn't your first language.

A lot of Europe is like that. Within a few years of my wife coming here, my customers didn't realise she was foreign when she answered the phone. and her grammar is better than the locals'

Edited by Rob

A lot of Europe is like that. Within a few years of my wife coming here, my customers didn't realise she was foreign when she answered the phone. and her grammar is better than the locals'

You live in Manchester, don't you Rob? :D

Mad for it .... :)

• Like 1

Yes. Meaning?

Peck means it always rains in Manchester or have I misunderstood?

Mark

Edited by sound

Yes. Meaning?

Chin up old bean.

If you've been good in this life, maybe next time you'll be born in Liverpool :D.

(Just pulling your leg)…...

Nobody who has met me would ever accuse me of being a Mancunian, surely? If anyone needs an audiologist, please PM me.

'ACCUSE me of being a Mancunian'?

Heavens!

I may be from God's own city but I'll always be happy to stand shoulder to shoulder with my brothers and sisters across the way ;) . What's wrong with being a Mancuian?….

Nothing wrong with being a Mancunian, after all I've got offspring that were brought up here. It's just that I am about as far removed from one as it's possible to be, despite having lived here for decades.

How many decades Rob?

3 score and 10? ;)

You didn't sound Mancunian when I spoke to you from the Sainsbury's carpark in Weston-Super-Mare! ;)

You didn't sound Mancunian when I spoke to you from the Sainsbury's carpark in Weston-Super-Mare! ;)

And I wasn't fully conversant with Thatcher's yard without good reason. ;)

And I wasn't fully conversant with Thatcher's yard without good reason. ;)

Now that's very interesting, because your voice reminded me of someone I knew in the South-West...is that your heritage, then, Rob? I remember you saying you routinely called in at the cider farm in Sandford (which is walking distance from where I grew up), but can't recall the link? Work, wasn't it?

Yes. Meaning?

Nobody who has met me would ever accuse me of being a Mancunian, surely? If anyone needs an audiologist, please PM me.

True true. :)