British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Jordan0693

new 2015 coins

No, x 1,000,000

This is a pre-decimal forum after all, so I can diss them all I wish!

I've been collecting the decimals! :rolleyes::)

So have I. :)

post-381-0-74325500-1418776354_thumb.jpg

I feel bad, the designers / engravers are very talented people no doubt but all that we have here is a couple of dozen blobs.

4b574c5d987f7fb43a6a2c0b802f4db9.jpg

Below is how Saxony celebrated victory over the French in 1871. Maybe at the time everyone in Saxony thought oh no what another shit commemorative, but probably not.

59b74becf0c906f23bff6f1fdd674eff.jpg

This coin photo filched from emuenzen.de.

I still find the 1997 £2 bullion coin a cracking design with Britannia riding her Chariot

I agree some of the Britannia designs are quite appealing compared to the currency issues

That Battle of Britain commem is an insult to all those who fought in it. :angry:

That Battle of Britain commem is an insult to all those who fought in it. :angry:

Indeed! Not a Lancaster or spitfire to be seen! There's a passable hurricane, if you squint (a lot), but that's all!

Edit: I guess they are spits on the ground, I was focussing on the in-flight 'aircraft'!

Edited by Coinery

Unless they are meant to be dorniers and messersmitts, or something? Possibly meaning to represent the few against the many???? Who knows, it's rubbish, regardless!

Apologies to our German friends for my German spelling! :)

Edit: should have gone with ME109s :)

Edited by Coinery

Indeed! Not a Lancaster or spitfire to be seen! There's a passable hurricane, if you squint (a lot), but that's all!

Edit: I guess they are spits on the ground, I was focussing on the in-flight 'aircraft'!

Oh I didn't mean the planes! I wouldn't know a Jonker from a Fukke :D - I was talking about the shite design.

I was talking about the shite design.

In a roundabout way, so was I! :)

Are you saying you've never seen nor met any Fockers in your life? There's plenty around! :D

I was talking about the shite design.

In a roundabout way, so was I! :)

Are you saying you've never seen nor met any Fockers in your life? There's plenty around! :D

I did meet the Fockers once. Now, where was I... Oh yes, in the cinema. :lol:

Doesn anybody know the exact date they are released and do you have to buy them from the royal mint first before they go into circulation.

they are not ME109s either.

are they not lancasters?

Lancasters are 4-propped planes! I was curious about the flying fighter planes, perhaps they were ME109s? They're definitely not Spitfires, but could be hurricanes at a very imaginative push?

I think the sky scene are meant to represent the Luftwaffe? Not sure though? Def two spits on the ground though!

are they not lancasters?

No, can't be they are twin engined but with the tail as per a Lancaster. If British, they must be Manchesters - the plane from which the Lancaster was developed. Trouble is, the Manchester was a bomber. Not many bombers posing as fighters in the BoB. Another problem is the Manchester wasn't introduced until very late in 1940 i.e. after the BoB.

are they not lancasters?

Lancasters are 4-propped planes! I was curious about the flying single-engined fighter planes, perhaps they were ME109s? They're definitely not Spitfires, but could be hurricanes at a very imaginative push?

I think the sky scene is meant to represent the Luftwaffe? Not sure though? Def two spits on the ground though!

If German, the bombers would probably have to be JU86s as these are the only twin engined bombers with that tail arrangement. Unless someone knows different?

I'll correct myself. There is also the ME110. Wing profile seems to match.