British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

richtips86

Decimal Values

14 hours ago, Ireneusz76 said:

Hi ZK ;) I found two from 1976 1 p why they some much rare ? Was minted just over 300 m . Deferred years some of them it’s less . Which marks I should looking for ? On 1976 p 

Hi Irene there is a rare variety for 1976 the rare version being reverse C Probably the easiest way to spot the difference is the number 1 on the reverse on reverse C it is much closer to the border beads also the 1 itself is larger . I think there is a grammatical error as the picture in the book says rev C has larger serifs on the N's of PENNY and Longer legs. but the opening description for reverse C Which is found on the 1972 proof issue describes it completely the opposite. So I am kind of confused how to  work out which is which. I would use the 1 being closer to the border beads as an obvious starting point. Hope it helps. Perhaps David could chime in on this as he wrote the book :)

• Like 1