British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

26 minutes ago, alfnail said:

Hi Bruce, good you were able to confirm.

Yes, top FID dot does match location on my own piece, as do all other 3 sets of colon dots (see full reverse picture).

I have also taken a digital microscope shot of the top FID dot; and can now see that even on my coin it is a little weaker / flatter than usual.

1848 over 7 Bramah 10b Reverse.jpg

A164 - 20211217_151202 Sized.jpg

Thank you Ian for sharing your gorgeous penny, and it is always nice to learn something new. Cheers, and have a nice weekend ahead.

3 hours ago, secret santa said:

!?!?!?!?!?@#$$$%!?!?!?

• Haha 1

Is there something special about it, Richard - apart from being graded at MS67?

Maybe I'm missing something very obvious.  

I think the penny is nice, uncirculated but pretty ordinary otherwise, let’s generously say £200 worth. The slab, however, is very rare, you don’t see many MS67 1934 penny slabs and it must be worth at least £1200 to a dedicated slab collector, unless NGC decide to produce some more.

Jerry

🙄

• Haha 7

Someone numerically dyslexic thought they'd got a 1933 for a bargain price?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jelida said:

I think the penny is nice, uncirculated but pretty ordinary otherwise, let’s generously say £200 worth. The slab, however, is very rare, you don’t see many MS67 1934 penny slabs and it must be worth at least £1200 to a dedicated slab collector, unless NGC decide to produce some more.

Jerry

🙄

Best answer so far......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bronze & Copper Collector said:

!?!?!?!?!?@#$$$%!?!?!?

You missed out  "  §•¶ªººººº¢#¢€¡ºº˚¡  "  but maybe you thought there may be children reading this....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, secret santa said:

Unbelievable ,i was watching it thinking it might make £450 ish and when it went over £1K ,could not believe what i was looking at.

However you look at it though it was a good result for the seller.

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Haha 1

HA often have some ridiculous hammered price about UK coins, totally no idea why.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:52 PM, Bruce said:

HA often have some ridiculous hammered price about UK coins, totally no idea why.

Because in the state of Texas its perfectly legal to shill bid, just not in the rest of the world. I uploaded a video about Heritage that I had found on Youtube, it's in here somewhere, it's very eye opening. Located it for you. The guy eventually gets to coins further into the video, but you should watch it from the beginning.

Edited by azda

Absolutely fascinating. I recommend watching it all but if you're time is limited, the coin-relevant content starts at 38 minutes in.

One i bought from Spink the other week not attributed with the Test strike 8 BP1880Af ,you dont see many in a decent grade and the best one i had before had been heavily cleaned.

269839870_213063681029284_6396330267628306186_n.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

One i bought from Spink the other week not attributed with the Test strike 8 BP1880Af ,you dont see many in a decent grade and the best one i had before had been heavily cleaned.

269839870_213063681029284_6396330267628306186_n.jpg

Yes, we’ll done Pete, I had spotted that and had put a bid on it in case it was missed by others ; the only other nice one I have seen is mine which featured in these pages some years ago. But I have seen a fair number of more worn specimens. The other 1880 botched repair that Gouby features in his revised text seems rarer again, does anybody here have an example?

Jerry

Anyone here buy the unattributed 1911 hollow neck this week off ebay?

I was second bidder- not enough spare cash, but it was a nice bargain for someone!

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

Do you have the link ?

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

I was second bidder- not enough spare cash, but it was a nice bargain for someone!

I bought this one, as you say a reasonable price for a better than average example. Sorry, Blake. The other is nice, too. I think they may be from the same seller under different EBay guises - Barrie Clack of Ross on Wye. I have met him at a local car boot sale, seems a decent chap. Certainly sells a lot of pennies.

Jerry

• Like 1

Nice one Jerry!

I should say 'sorry'- not you- I bid you up!!!!!!

I was rather hopeful at Xmas- good beer,  pile of interesting cheeses,  penny £3.00 with a minute to go....:-)

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, Michael-Roo said:

To clarify:

List price was £98 plus p&p, but the seller was offering a seasonal 10% discount on all coins so my total, for a very nice good fine Gouby X, was £91. 

And I still have the one I'd grade fine, also bought from eBay a couple of years ago, for £1.50 inc p&p. 

Edited by Michael-Roo
  • Like 5

Just received this:

478449123_DSC006892.jpeg.9b2a2a4a4a6476611f3d5f409f8cce54.jpeg

• Like 2

I maybe see one very couple of years. Mike tipped me off about the last one- a worn example, but clear.

• Like 1