British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

9 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Scroll up the thread, Richard. It's further up.

Thanks Mick. Due to my lousy broadband, that picture wasn't showing yesterday evening. Today it's fine.

• Like 1

I'm adding it to my rare penny site - can someone tell me about its provenance, e.g. was it advertised/sold on Facebook ?

Don't worry, I've just seen the Facebook entry.

Edited by secret santa
addition

16 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

The ones I wanted (although I was about to cash in my £2k's worth of premium bonds to get them) were the 1856 OT in A UNC/GEF, and the 1897 F148 high tide UNC with 70% lustre.

I would like an 1897 F148 as well, in a decent grade. I do have an 1856 OT, though not for sale. So I have signed up for the newsletter now. Thanks for mentioning it.

I must sign up too....sounds like there are some good coins on his lists...I couldn't find anything on line.

Was the F148 expensive?   Pricing this type of rarity must be very difficult....

3 hours ago, Iannich48 said:

I would like an 1897 F148 as well, in a decent grade. I do have an 1856 OT, though not for sale. So I have signed up for the newsletter now. Thanks for mentioning it.

The number of times I've just missed out on getting a decent F148 is getting ridiculous. I've also got an 1856 OT, but only in fine.   

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

I must sign up too....sounds like there are some good coins on his lists...I couldn't find anything on line.

Was the F148 expensive?   Pricing this type of rarity must be very difficult....

£975, which for an UNC with 70% lustre isn't at all bad.

You won't find anything on line for Dave Craddock. He's a bit old school and doesn't have a website - e mails out his lists about once every 4 or so months.

I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I will send you his e mail address and phone No so you can get added on. Unless somebody does it in the meantime.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

£975

@blakeyboy sent you a PM. 

Thanks Mike!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, secret santa said:

It's actually a very nice coin even without the attributes, and silly price.

I don't think it's a repaired 8.

All the numerals are doubled, like this one, die 'bounce'.............not a repair.

14 Teeth.jpg

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

It's actually a very nice coin

Yes, so why lie about its attributes ? I think we know why.

On 21 November 2020 at 12:34 PM, Martinminerva said:

Good shout, Paddy - I bet that's exactly it!

Wonder if the original high bidder got cold feet as a result of the forum or Richard's website?

I see the new listing has now got a bid... which removes the offer option, but I will keep watching to see what it finally makes. I still wouldn't be surprised if it goes for silly money "just in case", in the mind of an ignorant punter!

He has...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victoria-Penny-1863-Nice-Grade/333797053007?hash=item4db7dad24f:g:JucAAOSwT~lftTJx

Now at £30, with 18 bids, and just under three days to go...

Who fancies a sweepstake on its final silly sale price? I will say £250. Anyone else fancy playing?!😜

Edited by Martinminerva
Added link
  • Haha 1

I'll go £95

[If the seller is reading this, the words "I'll go" under no circumstances constitute an offer to purchase...]

Edited by Peckris 2
  • Haha 2

£78

£151.92

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Looks a bit like yours, Pete.

I was going to sell it privately but after speaking to a couple of penny experts / dealers they informed me due to its rarity and grade it was hard to determin a price and to put it in an Auction.

Edited by PWA 1967

On 11/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, Iannich48 said:

£200

On 25 November 2020 at 12:38 PM, Martinminerva said:

Now at £30, with 18 bids, and just under three days to go...

Who fancies a sweepstake on its final silly sale price? I will say £250. Anyone else fancy playing?!😜

And the winner is... Blakeyboy.

People have seen sense after all!!

1 hour ago, Martinminerva said:

And the winner is... Blakeyboy.

People have seen sense after all!!

I couldn't afford to spend any more on it....things are tight!

When it arrives I'll have a good look at the ding and see if it's a '3'........oh hang on.......damn.......

• Haha 1