British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Looks like the canon ball has blasted through the rim and hit the lighthouse on this one!

Canon Ball Lighthouse.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Why do the elephants have big ears.............maybe not this one?

Elephant.jpg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, alfnail said:

Why do the elephants have big ears.............maybe not this one?

Because a penny wasn't nearly enough to pay the ransom!

NODDY wouldn't pay the ransom.........but clearly you really knew that Chris!

5 hours ago, alfnail said:

NODDY wouldn't pay the ransom.........but clearly you really knew that Chris!

I assumed everyone would already know that!

I dont know if anyone can help me please as i have asked a couple of dealers over the last few days and they dont have a clue.

I have a 1858 Large rose Large date to sell graded CGS 70 AUNC UIN 42529 and a good one but nothing to compare it with.

CGS have put a price of £125 and the only one they have graded , same price as a normal 1858 and worth more than that.

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Pastresults&searchterm=1858+Penny+Large+Rose&searchtype=1

The ones in LCA above are the only ones i have seen attributed correctly and most the small date and low grade.

Any help on a price or guide would be appreciated ,please message me if you wish.

Pete. 

58 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

I dont know if anyone can help me please as i have asked a couple of dealers over the last few days and they dont have a clue.

I have a 1858 Large rose Large date to sell graded CGS 70 AUNC UIN 42529 and a good one but nothing to compare it with.

CGS have put a price of £125 and the only one they have graded , same price as a normal 1858 and worth more than that.

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Pastresults&searchterm=1858+Penny+Large+Rose&searchtype=1

The ones in LCA above are the only ones i have seen attributed correctly and most the small date and low grade.

Any help on a price or guide would be appreciated ,please message me if you wish.

Pete. 

I would value circa £400,

5 minutes ago, Chingford said:

I would value circa £400,

Thanks John and about what i thought ,i wanted to be fair and not ask to much and didnt ask you privately as know the one you bought was also not attributed 🙂

F21?

Yes. Freeman 21, die pairing 3+D. On Richard's rare penny website as example 17. Looks like the verd has been removed a bit...

3 hours ago, blakeyboy said:

Ah. You missed the 2 large green patches on the reverse plus the bonus verdigris hiding on the rim by the two Ns. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Looks like it could do with an overnight soak in balsamic vinegar.........:ph34r:

33 minutes ago, jelida said:

I seem to have a sense of ‘deja vu’ again........

http://www.predecimal.com/forum/topic/12193-penny-acquisition-of-the-week/?page=54

see May 14th.

Jerry

I just couldn't resist, Jerry !!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, terrysoldpennies said:

I was one of the underbidders. I lost out at $500. The last few seconds was a scramble! BB/TB... It went to the last day at $38.00.

6 minutes ago, RLC35 said:

I was one of the underbidders. I lost out at $500. The last few seconds was a scramble! BB/TB... It went to the last day at $38.00.

As was I . with the scratches and the ware on the obverse, I thought it topped out at a very good price

8 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Looks like it could do with an overnight soak in balsamic vinegar.........:ph34r:

As the owner of this piece...I'm still tempted to do this but the rest of the metal looks OK...

I think anodized copper wire treatment is the next step; if I can't get all of it off mechanically I'll consider chemical cleaning. Don't think it will ever be problem free though. 

3 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

As was I . with the scratches and the ware on the obverse, I thought it topped out at a very good price

I just sold a F-9 for $1300, in about the same shape. This one should bring slightly more, even with the scratches. (retail)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

3 hours ago, RLC35 said:

3 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

For an F8 that price was an absolute bargain. I bet most of the potential UK buyers completely missed it.

Not a bad coin. 

22 minutes ago, JLS said:

As the owner of this piece...I'm still tempted to do this but the rest of the metal looks OK...

I think anodized copper wire treatment is the next step; if I can't get all of it off mechanically I'll consider chemical cleaning. Don't think it will ever be problem free though. 

It's a shame - the verd seriously detracts.

12 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

For an F8 that price was an absolute bargain. I bet most of the potential UK buyers completely missed it.

Not a bad coin. 

I agree!

5 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

As God is apparently delivering this, the winning bidder may have a long wait...

15 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

As God is apparently delivering this, the winning bidder may have a long wait...

I think I'd be slightly suspicious.

Sellers feedback would be hugely off-putting for me. 10 negs, 42 neutral. Doesn't instill confidence.

May be wrong tho.😄