British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

3 hours ago, VickySilver said:

Anyway, again I like looking at this marvelous 1926ME and Richard's evidently photographic memory. Maybe I need to look again on his site at the '26ME's.

Well, it was Jerry's photographic memory and the 1926 ME is not on my rare penny site, but otherwise, spot on, Eric 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is this an F21 that sneaked through on EBay last month? It made £200 with bids from two observant buyers, but not bad for its condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1861-Victoria-One-penny-coin-/133094388200?hash=item1efd0b31e8%3Ag%3AXmQAAOSwR65dEVrX&nma=true&si=DdojMo52YJNrwvqp2bCQV3NHeUA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If so, one for Richards site.

I think I must have written it off as obverse 4 when glancing through the new arrivals. Or am I just being dense? (You don’t need to answer that!)

Jerry

36 minutes ago, jelida said:

Is this an F21 that sneaked through on EBay last month? It made £200 with bids from two observant buyers, but not bad for its condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1861-Victoria-One-penny-coin-/133094388200?hash=item1efd0b31e8%3Ag%3AXmQAAOSwR65dEVrX&nma=true&si=DdojMo52YJNrwvqp2bCQV3NHeUA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I think I must have written it off as obverse 4 when glancing through the new arrivals. Or am I just being dense? (You don’t need to answer that!)

Jerry

I think its the one on Richards site Jerry ,a retired from the forum member bought it 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

I think its the one on Richards site Jerry ,a retired from the forum member bought it 🙂

Ah yes, I can see it’s been added,  “provenance unknown” with better pictures. So these rarities are still getting through on EBay,  a bargain for the purchaser. 

Jerry

52 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Bum - I just added it before I saw this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Richard. And I don’t think you’ve added my (second) 1875 “cannonball” , I posted it under “penny acquisition “ a few weeks ago (August 2nd) , only VG but the variety clear in the hand. 

Jerry

10 hours ago, jelida said:

Jerry

Obverse 3 - in my opinion, one of the most difficult obverses to identify. Had we all seen this, it would have had many more bidders than 2. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jelida said:

And I don’t think you’ve added my (second) 1875 “cannonball”

Now up there, Jerry. Thanks.

One for the penny boys, on Ebay 1902 low and high tide in one sale, both graded as NGC MS65, you can haggle on the price ebay number 233262303269

1 minute ago, PWA 1967 said:

I dont think IMO they are worth near that price in that condition ,they have been for sale a while.

https://bsjauctions.auctionmobility.com/lots/view/1-1XDHD8/united-kingdom

Would want them to be graded RED and even then the money is only in one coin.

I agree, that's where the haggling comes in 😉

9 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Agreed. The price is way too rich IMO.

One thing I've noticed is how confusing those pictures are. The HT looks like a LT as the sea level isn't where Britannia's legs cross, but only because the outer portion of the leg is too faint to see. By the same token, the LT looks like a VERY low tide!

9 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

One thing I've noticed is how confusing those pictures are. The HT looks like a LT as the sea level isn't where Britannia's legs cross, but only because the outer portion of the leg is too faint to see. By the same token, the LT looks like a VERY low tide!

oh,  the tides they are a-changin.:rolleyes: 

(sorry, carry on)

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Diaconis said:

oh,  the tides they are a-changin.:rolleyes:

I'm Getting Tide of all these silly jokes ;)

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Indeed so. 

The worst one seems to be the 1897 tide mark. On many of those pennies, you can barely make out the tide at all, let alone whether it's high or low. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

I'm Getting Tide of all these silly jokes ;)

If you surf the net you can find better pictures.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

If you surf the net you can find better pictures.

Wave after wave of them.

• Haha 2

As usual, I sea the Punmeisters General have started their outboards and are going overboard plumbing the depths.

It was only a matter of time for the jokes to hit rock bottom.

I'm not going to join in. I don't give in to pier pressure.  I'm not that gullible.

• Haha 2

Incidentally, do you know why divers fall backwards out of a boat?

1 hour ago, blakeyboy said:

Incidentally, do you know why divers fall backwards out of a boat?

Because of the weight of the tank on your back, if you went forwards you would somersault in which is more disorientating than going backwards, so I am told by my Nephew who dives regularly

It does really depend on what type of tank you strap onto your back, if you use a Centurion tank it helps you get to the bottom really quickly.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

If they went forwards they would still be in it 😮

EXACTLY!!!!

Pete, that's my punchline taken away, and I don't care...!

5 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

EXACTLY!!!!

Pete, that's my punchline taken away, and I don't care...!

Sorry Blake :D

• Haha 1