British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Think the estimates for the Pennies at LCA are way too low. In my humble experience rare coins are dear,quality coins are dear. Qualiry rare coins are eye wateringly dear out of my league ?

From some of the feedback i am getting about the next LCA i have just asked the wife to book a hotel and will be going.

Some nice pennies from an obviously good collection :)

I have it on good authority that these pennies are all fakes - best to stay at home and don't bid on them (please !)

:D

Can you listen in on any of the LCA auctions or is it just online bidding through the saleroom only?

Do they really not offer live bidding?! I'm stumped why they wouldn't do that, surely that's just neglecting a whole area of bidders..

No live online bidding, though you can leave a book bid; the auctioneer is incredibly fast, often taking the barest moment to look at the audience, especially if he has book bids, you cant delay and there is no time to think about it. Nor to add up ones totals, I had to leave a couple of later considerations until I had worked out how much I had spent, luckily just a hundred over my pot.

Perhaps those of us going should meet for a coffee (or something) to introduce ourselves.

I'm not sure the proofs are within my range, but I do fancy a couple of the rare currency issues.... :wub:

Jerry

Hate to break a pattern!

(but perhaps we can stitch 'em all up beforehand) ;)

Jerry

It's completely crazy isn't it

Complete madness, but I suppose so are many of LCAs work ethics sometimes.

ummm :) yum!!!!

Anyone going to the Midland tomorrow could perhaps ask them WHY???

Time to start saving

Can you listen in on any of the LCA auctions or is it just online bidding through the saleroom only?

I've asked them if they are going online and they always say they have no plans to, so there's no bidding online thro the saleroom. I'm not sure whether you can even leave commission bids thro the saleroom. You can leave postal bids with LCA or get them to telephone you but you can't follow the auctions online. They're losing out on a huge audience but maybe the costs are prohibitive ?

New purchase, just arrived. Gem 1921 Penny...

post-509-0-53736700-1449946312_thumb.jpg post-509-0-87117400-1449946331_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There is NO live bidding with LCA

attachicon.gifIMG_7287.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_7290.JPG

Bob that must of been stashed in a virgins silk knickers for the last 94 years. ;)

Stunning example.

attachicon.gifIMG_7287.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_7290.JPG

Bob that must of been stashed in a virgins silk knickers for the last 94 years. ;)

Stunning example.

I did buy it off of a Lady! Ha,Ha!

Stunning example.

:D :D

That's a stonker of a coin though Bob, a nice find!

Edited by Nordle11
  • Like 1

Stunning example.

:D :D

That's a stonker of a coin though Bob, a nice find!

Thanks Guys. It is a F-191 (colon after DEF: to the tooth).

Booo-urns David. Currently waiting on mine now..

Arrived today, still not sure though :blink: I'll get better pictures later but it's in a flip now and my phone doesn't do close shots very well. Now I'm starting to believe that it's a 1963 with a die number 2 because of the positioning of the 3 and the spacing between it and the 6. Comparison shots here too.

1 - My coin

2 - Normal 3

3 - Open 3

4 - Die number 2 (Possibly this one)

5 - Die number 3

6 - Die number 4

post-8244-0-26967300-1450354870_thumb.jp

post-8244-0-59000900-1450354873_thumb.jp

post-8244-0-63286700-1450354876_thumb.jp

post-8244-0-82367300-1450354877_thumb.jp

post-8244-0-76588600-1450354881_thumb.jp

post-8244-0-13480700-1450354885_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Not an open 3 sadly, but the mark below the date does need clarifying, would be great if you were right.

Get some microscope pics!

Jerry

Indeed a little disappointed, but there maybe suerte yet!

I'll get some microscpe pics when I get home tonight, but playing around with some overlaps right now, the mark you're referring to certainly fits the bill..

• Like 1