British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

This is the item concerned

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1861-One-Penny-Coin-/301716639317?hash=item463fb68e55&nma=true&si=z9jpAA0bntoXYQgSfz1%252FJoRndfQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

is it a Freeman 27 with obverse 5 and reverse F worth £loads? Not my area, but I suspect that if it is then many penny collectors will be kicking themselves!

Do you know the number?

wooo what a coin!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

This is the item concerned

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1861-One-Penny-Coin-/301716639317?hash=item463fb68e55&nma=true&si=z9jpAA0bntoXYQgSfz1%252FJoRndfQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

is it a Freeman 27 with obverse 5 and reverse F worth £loads? Not my area, but I suspect that if it is then many penny collectors will be kicking themselves!

Missed 2 great coins then in the last month alone

Here's a pic, for attribution and drooling purposes (if appropriate!)

1861_1d_freeman_27_obv5_revf_02.png

I didnt buy it but a forum member did.

Hat off and well bought ,you deserve to find them.

Amazing ! how did I miss this. I check Ebay meticulously every day and somehow did not see it. It appears that it wasn't even hidden in an obscure category. I've got a feeling my search method must not be including every possibility of finding the coins that I watch for. The selling price would indicate that it was a buy it now coin, which probably sold soon after entry.

Well done to the collector who secured this coin. As far as I am aware it is the finest known.

Many thanks Pete, I may actually sell (or swap) the F27 because I have this rare reverse in better grade, albeit on an F32 (pictures attached for further drooling), and I concentrate my collection on Victorian Copper Pennies rather than Bronze. The F32 may also be the best known, but dare I say that.....lol?

post-8122-0-07400400-1441365726_thumb.jp

Dont go down that road again Ian.

I did say..........CGS finest known...............I am well aware there is always better.

Pete.

What a big 6!

That was my first impression too, though I've just checked mine and it is the same, 6 and possibly 1 both look larger. Is this the norm? Need to look at more.

Jerry

I think its the norm, the others on the net seem the same, but the 6 (not the one) definitely seems larger than the rest.

Jerry

Is this a genuine 'no h' penny?

Link

Well, it might be the photos, but I cant see the gap between the R and the I of BRITT, so apparently not.

Jerry

An 1870 i purchased.

It was previously sold at LCA jun 2014 Lot 2448 i only mention this as although its slabbed cgs dont have a picture.

Its the scarce close date 11 teeth and graded 82 cgs 3212.

Pete.

An 1870 i purchased.

It was previously sold at LCA jun 2014 Lot 2448 i only mention this as although its slabbed cgs dont have a picture.

Its the scarce close date 11 teeth and graded 82 cgs 3212.

Pete.

Here you go Pete..

A spanker of a coin might I add

post-8244-0-09072500-1442389585_thumb.jp

Edited by Nordle11
  • Like 2

Were has prax gone ?.

Knowledgeable and always helpful .

Its a shame when people such as him just move on,as they are able to help so many people.

Dozens of people log on everyday and although they may not post still read it.

If you by any chance still luck on the forum prax hope your ok as i know you had a few things going on.

Pete.

Hi, could anyone tell me why this 1910 penny is a different colour from all my other pennies. Has it had something done to it? Thankyou for any helppost-8876-0-80857000-1442595087_thumb.jp